• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro-NIRP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro-NIRP

All going to plan, I see.

The European Central Bank has made the unprecedented move of charging banks to deposit money in a dramatic attempt to inject life into the eurozone's flagging economy and ward off the threat of a damaging deflationary spiral.

In what marks an historic first for the troubled region, president Mario Draghi and his colleagues on the governing council cut the deposit rate to -0.1% from zero, meaning banks will now have to pay for the privilege of parking their money with the ECB.
    European Central Bank imposes negative interest rates on banks | Business | theguardian.com
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

That's actually less than I get on my current account. Quite some achievement.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Does that mean banks in the Eurozone will now have an extra incentive to speed up the clearing process?

Or that they will be drawn towards the Bank of England's clearing services?

2013-07-09 ECB's Asmussen hopes for deal with Bank of England on clearing houses
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X