• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not just the Arabs who have fundamentalists in their ranks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just the Arabs who have fundamentalists in their ranks.

Israel's northern border attracts curious

It was this passage that disturbed me.

"Amiyad Cohen's family are here. He's a young Israeli soldier, showing his parents and his sister where he fought Hezbollah - in Lebanon, just beyond the peach trees.

Israelis are coming to see where the fighting went on
    He told me: "All the Hezbollah in our area ran away."

Amiyad is critical of the government led by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert: "The main problem was that they didn't let us finish the job. If we'd been allowed to get north of the Litani river, we would have won the war."

He went on: "The Israeli nation has a mission - to bring the moral message of God in the world. We have a more important mission. We have more responsibility because we're better."

I suggested that might sound arrogant.

"No. We're moral side of the world," Amiyad replied, "we're better because we are good, and we have a mission to bring good to the world."
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Go Amiyad

the trouble is, how can you seriously disagree with him.

(Cat, meet the pigeons.)
    Why not?

Comment

as soon as they start detonating on restaurants, buses and trains...then you should start pancaking!

Mailman

Comment

I hope JabberWaker will post here too...

Comment

Quite true but only Islam has quite so bleedin' many of them.

PS "In the ranks" is important here. Only Islamic Middle Eastern states who have them in the government or as leaders
          Last edited by xoggoth; 1 September 2006, 09:48.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X