• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What App's are you using you want to share with the rest of us.?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What App's are you using you want to share with the rest of us.?

I'll start

Try 'Word Lens' Free for the moment - its superb

Position your phones camera over a Menu, page in a book, hold it up to a road sign and it will translate into English (or vice versa) from several lauguages. - Its Fab

Google have just purchased them so only free for a short time.

What else are we missing.?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gladiators+app
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

If you live/work/travel to London (as well as NYC, Berlin, Paris, Barca etc) you cannot go wrong with CityMapper, probably the most useful app I've ever had.

It's got live travel info, and has a really accurate door-to-door route planner, which along with the route will also detail travel time, cost and even calories lost (if you're into that kinda thing).

They also have a great web app too -
      https://citymapper.com/london/superrouter?

Comment

I've started using Waze as a travel\GPS app.

Quite handy for getting upto date road issues, its kind of like social media for commuters. Let's you know slow up coming sections and you can see how far it lasts and how far ahead things start to clear etc

Comment

As I'm often in strange places without my car (usually the London area) 'Catch That Bus' has been very useful for getting around with live updates and route planning.

Comment

Couldn't live without Teamviewer. Also Evernote.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I just got the Canon wifi app that lets you control your EOS remotely - your very own Springwatch set up

All I need now is the EOS 70D to go with it!

Comment

I'm using "Hours Keeper". Its great for recording time at clientco - gives breakdown of weekly/monthly time and you can also generate invoices from it.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by MrWebDev View Post
                  If you live/work/travel to London (as well as NYC, Berlin, Paris, Barca etc) you cannot go wrong with CityMapper, probably the most useful app I've ever had.

It's got live travel info, and has a really accurate door-to-door route planner, which along with the route will also detail travel time, cost and even calories lost (if you're into that kinda thing).

They also have a great web app too -
                  https://citymapper.com/london/superrouter?
                  very good indeed !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                    I've started using Waze as a travel\GPS app.

Quite handy for getting upto date road issues, its kind of like social media for commuters. Let's you know slow up coming sections and you can see how far it lasts and how far ahead things start to clear etc
                    I'm paying £25 a year for Tomtom HD live which I rate as it can calculate alternative routes based on real-time traffic data. I'm interested to know if Waze can do this?

Comment

Working...
                    X