• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barack Obama says Scotland should remain part of United Kingdom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barack Obama says Scotland should remain part of United Kingdom

Barack Obama says Scotland should remain part of United Kingdom - Telegraph

American President in valuable boost for campaign against Scottish independence

What business of his is it? And why should anyone in Scotland give a deep fried mars bar what he thinks?

No true scot should vote SNP, I mean they want to bring in a sugar tax and minimal alcohol pricing.

Next they will be wanting to tax hating the English!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Barack Obama says Scotland should remain part of United Kingdom - Telegraph

American President in valuable boost for campaign against Scottish independence

What business of his is it? And why should anyone in Scotland give a deep fried mars bar what he thinks?
      How it's a "valuable" boost is beyond me. He should stick to what he knows, i.e. getting his drones to go kill a few kids in some obscure middle eastern country most Americans couldn't even find on a map.

The US also recently opined on whether the UK should stay in the EU. Again, why is it their business?

Comment

They will probably have to host the nuclear submarines for a period which I suppose is a bit of a deal.

And I suppose they had enough of Piers Morgan rambling on about gun control for us to complain about them sticking their nose in.

Comment

I think they'd sooner accept nuclear waste being exported there than Piers Morgan, and who can blame them?

Comment

I read this earlier and it's clear that he emphasized that it was up to the people several times so as not to seem that he was getting involved. Then I hear the news on the radio on the way home that Obama is speaking out against independence!

You've got to feel a bit sorry for politicians at times.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Comment

My brother is well up with the radical independence movement, I spoke to him earlier where he was at some lefty rally, he thinks it will mean a 5% swing to the yes camp.

Must have been the milkmans.

Comment

Barry only wants what's best for the US. He thinks that Britain is better off staying in the EU FFS!

I'm only back for this post, see you in another three months. I'm supposed to be in charge so can't browse CUK like I used to!
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X