• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blatantly fishing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blatantly fishing

Had a phone call today from an agent as my contract is due to end soon. He's followed up with an email asking me to send him my current CV as he had some "interesting opportunities coming up." Had to laugh when I read this:

"Please could you also keep me informed with the state of any applications you have had going on recently – where possible, could you please confirm the following for our files as discussed:
    • The companies that you have had interviews with/have applications with
    • Who you spoke to on these interviews and when you went for the positions
    • The positions you went for and what the positions entailed
    • Any feedback that may be of use with my networking

I ask for these because I do not want to duplicate anything that you have going on"

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    Had a phone call today from an agent as my contract is due to end soon. He's followed up with an email asking me to send him my current CV as he had some "interesting opportunities coming up." Had to laugh when I read this:

"Please could you also keep me informed with the state of any applications you have had going on recently – where possible, could you please confirm the following for our files as discussed:

I ask for these because I do not want to duplicate anything that you have going on"
    Better than beating round the bush and pretending he actually had something.

Comment

HTH

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Better than beating round the bush and pretending he actually had something.
        Some agents are actually very good at their job. This one just isn't.

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post

• None - I've only just come to market
          • N/A
          • N/A
          • N/A

Sorted

Comment

Working...
          X