• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IDWOOT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDWOOT

The Ultimate Ford Pop V8 Hot Rod Pro Street Outlaw.Everything new.. | eBay

Sounds like an excellent way to throw £150k down the tubes.

BIL used to have one, it was all original, odd to drive with lack of real synchromesh and limited power. Beautiful though.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

£49k as it happens.

Chap up the road drives one of these

What's not to like about that? Thnk if I had a choice of a classic car I'd go for one of those.
      Last edited by Gittins Gal; 7 June 2014, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

My Dad's first brand new motor was a Ford Pop.

Fully road legal even down to the working semaphors.
        I'm impressed. It was our job as kids to bang on the door pillar when the semaphores got stuck.

The speedo went up to 90 but the top speed was 60.

If you got to 60 it was a bit "all over the road" apparently.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I remember being deeply unimpressed with the late 50s version with its glorious pneumatic windscreen wipers.
          Zeity to be fair your first car as probably the flintstonemobile
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            My Dad's first brand new motor was a Ford Pop.

I'm impressed. It was our job as kids to bang on the door pillar when the semaphores got stuck.
            I remember those, weren't they also called trafficators or something? My grandpa had an early Morris Oxford that had those. It was like a large Morris Minor basically & they were in a permanent state of being stuck.

Always used hand signals. Right arm out to turn right, a move like a Royal wave with your right hand to indicate a left turn and flapping your right arm like the wing of a seagull to indicate you were stopping.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I remember being deeply unimpressed with the late 50s version with its glorious pneumatic windscreen wipers.
              They were indeed painful.

Could you speed 'em up by changing down a gear?

I've forgotten.

And the Wiki entry claims the Pop only had 3 of 'em so that might have been tricky.
              Last edited by Sysman; 7 June 2014, 15:27.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X