• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial Freedom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Freedom

Has anyone here yet attained the holy grail of capitalism, managing to generate sufficient income to have a good life without having to go through the daily grind?

How did you do it? Or are you nowhere close to it and never will be?

How does it feel? Better than a freshly opened pack of Choc Dips? Better than that bowel movement you've had to hold in for ages? Better than 72 virgins waiting in Heaven for you?

Just wondering is all. What with Europe going into Japan-failonomics territory, makes you wonder WTF do we do next. Buying property is the only game left in town.

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Has anyone here yet attained the holy grail of capitalism, managing to generate sufficient income to have a good life without having to go through the daily grind?

How does it feel? Better than a freshly opened pack of Choc Dips? Better than that bowel movement you've had to hold in for ages? Better than 72 virgins waiting in Heaven for you?

Just wondering is all. What with Europe going into Japan-failonomics territory, makes you wonder WTF do we do next. Buying property is the only game left in town.
    100 contractor av. monthly pay £10,000 .
    Honestly earned margin of 20%

£2000 per month x 100 = £200,000
    minus overheads:

couple of oily salesmen to lunch and "press the flesh"
    Bird in accounts with big t**s to fob off contractors wanting to be paid
    Bit of IT

Nice little profit £150,000 per month.. not a stroke of work required by yours truly..

yep I have it nailed!

What do you reckon Porsche or Ferrari?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      What do you reckon Porsche or Ferrari?
      What a stupid question.......

Jag of course, none of that kraut rubbish (Indian quality!!!)

Comment

MFs living the life of Riley now his missus has gone back on the game.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes.

Focused on becoming an expert in a niche market that bored everyone else.

7:40am - The alarm clock went off.
          8.00am - I woke up the bambino
          8.30am - I walked through the English garden with the bambino to kindergarten.
          9.00am - prepared breakfast, read the news paper.
          10.00am - brush teeth & prepare my routine before crossing the road to the office.
          12:00am - Lunch time! Cross the road back to the house have lunch with the family.
          13:00am - Back to the office.
          15:00am - Collect the bambino from kindergarten.
          15:45 - back in office.
          18:00 - Wine o'clock.

I'd say I don't work more than 6 hours a day. Anything else and I'm wasting time.

The freedom to do with your time as you please is the holly grail for me, whereas spending money seems only to bring temporary pleasures.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well it does mean European stocks could go up, and the ECB isn't engaging in anything quite as radical as the BoJ or Fed. BTL is doing quite well at the moment though, and I'd consider it a solid source of income if you can minimise vacant months.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
              Well it does mean European stocks could go up, and the ECB isn't engaging in anything quite as radical as the BoJ or Fed. BTL is doing quite well at the moment though, and I'd consider it a solid source of income if you can minimise vacant months.
              I'm selling my only BTL soon. Partly I'm bored of it and partly my stocks have yielded yoy far more than the BTL ever did.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'm selling my only BTL soon. Partly I'm bored of it and partly my stocks have yielded yoy far more than the BTL ever did.
                Stocks have had a very good time with the QE party going on. And there's more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  We'll done that man
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    We'll done that man
                    SSsshhhh. It's a secret. Not to mention a mystery.

Comment

Working...
                    X