• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We ain't so bad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ain't so bad!

Always hearing about the UK's drinking and obesity problems but there are much worse according to these links:

The 30 drunkest countries in the world
    24. United Kingdom: Individuals in this country consume an average of 10.26 liters of pure alcohol (from beer, wine and spirits) a year, according to WHO’s most recent data.
    The 30 drunkest countries in the world - uk.weather.com

50 fattest countries in the world
    No. 43: United Kingdom. In the United Kingdom, 26.9 percent of all residents are obese, according to the CIA World Factbook database.
    50 fattest countries in the world - uk.weather.com

So carry on boozing/stuffing your faces. It's all fine!

PS Why is the CIA compiling lists about fat people?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 6 June 2014, 19:10.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Because the terrorists hate us for our fatness.

Comment

I shudder to think what worse places are like. Norway was pretty high on the obesity rankings not too long ago, I assume it still is.

Comment

As I look around me, I don't really notice any difference in obesity levels - people look pretty much the same as they always have.

Of course, I live in a middle class South Somerset country village and work with professional people.

Going to an area with a high welfare dependence made the scales fall from my eyes. Not so long ago I visited Dudley where the town's population appeared to be collectively waddling about with the aid of zimmer frames.

Mind you, it's probably those hot pork rolls that they all seem to live on up there...

Comment

Of course, I live in a middle class South Somerset country village
          Aha!! A vital clue in my scheme to track you down and stalk you GG!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

Of course, I live in a middle class South Somerset country village and work with people I am related to

FTFY

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
              Going to an area with a high welfare dependence made the scales fall from my eyes.
              It does, doesn't it? And it is supposed to make you more sympathetic to the plight of the "poor". Sure, it does in some cases, where there's genuine need, but in general I just find myself looking over my shoulder more when in such areas, which I try avoid as a rule. Sadly many of these types tend to flock in the city centre. :/

Comment

Somerset, the home of the "High Six".

Oh also the home of total fiction
                Last edited by TykeMerc; 7 June 2014, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  The USA leads the world in this field, and it's important that they have accurate statistics about the competition if they are to maintain their preeminence.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The USA leads the world in this field, and it's important that they have accurate statistics about the competition if they are to maintain their preeminence.
                    Well they are the heavyweight champions, you could probably circle the earth several hundred times over if you compressed them into blobs and stretched them around it. If you were inclined to do such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X