• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tablet noob questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet noob questions

Want a tablet, if I go iPad, am I locked to iTunes for videos or can you use a mem card/stick? need data connectivity but not so important, are they available to use sim only plans?

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Want a tablet, if I go iPad, am I locked to iTunes for videos or can you use a mem card/stick? need data connectivity but not so important, are they available to use sim only plans?
    No mem card slots on iPad. You can ferry data to it using iTunes and a special USB cable ( comes with the charger).

They can have sims but those models are much dearer and you're better off using 3G/4g on your phone and tether to that when out and about, or make use of free wifi access where possible.

You can copy your own movies and music again using iTunes.

HTH.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      Also no flash ... becoming less of a problem, but one to be aware of.
      There are apps to get around that.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Have you asked an apple genius, please ask them, I don't know anyone that has asked them anything?

Comment

May I semi-hijack this thread and ask the panel what the current 'best' 10" Android tablet is?

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
            May I semi-hijack this thread and ask the panel what the current 'best' 10" Android tablet is?
            I was researching this for family the other day. The iPad wins out overall, but the Nexus 10 was top of the android or windows offerings on the what hifi site. Can't find the exact page I was looking at, but they had the various options ranked as 1. iPad 2. Nexus 10 3. everything else. You might be able to find the list with a bit more patience than I've got....

Comment

forgot apple

there are many decent 10" andriod tablets out there for half the price or less than ipad's

do some google legwork!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                forgot apple

there are many decent 10" andriod tablets out there for half the price or less than ipad's

do some google legwork!
                I will, I just wanted some opinions from real people but then I remembered you are all sockies

Comment

You (realistically) have to use the iTunes application to get videos and music on to your iPad, but that doesn't mean you can only buy content through iTunes. Like Windows Media Player, iTunes will let you copy MP3 music and suitably encoded videos (e.g. stuff you already bought/ripped) onto the iPad without any fuss.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I will, I just wanted some opinions from real people but then I remembered you are all sockies
                    lol - I am real and that was good advice!!!!

the thing is you can pay between £100 and £700 for a 10" tablet - and whilst I would (on account of experience) ignore the £100 ones you can get from Maplins as soon as you go to a decent make - e.g. nexus/samsung etc etc then just get one with the specs you want - do not spend an extra 3-400 quid unless nothing else does the job.

Unless obviously you want to wave an iPad around and look like a douchebag hipster but then you did not state that in your original requirements!

Comment

Working...
                    X