• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just beat Jury Service!! Yayyy!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just beat Jury Service!! Yayyy!!!

Sent the usual crap about"We cannot spare X's services as his absence at an ill-timed point could result in catastrophic consequences" blah blah....

EXCUSED.

Let the fat frump housewives get off their cellulite-ridden rumps and earn their keep for a change, I'm gonna be sitting at a pavement cafe' sipping Moccacino or San Miguel while all those 15stone + Sharons/Geraldines/etc sit around deciding the fate of some rapist ha!!!

You sound like a well adjusted person. I think it's better all round you managed to "excuse" yourself from jury duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
      Sent the usual crap about"We cannot spare X's services as his absence at an ill-timed point could result in catastrophic consequences" blah blah....

EXCUSED.

Let the fat frump housewives get off their cellulite-ridden rumps and earn their keep for a change, I'm gonna be sitting at a pavement cafe' sipping Moccacino or San Miguel while all those 15stone + Sharons/Geraldines/etc sit around deciding the fate of some rapist ha!!!

Alleged rapist.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

hey full pay for sitting there reading a book. Couple of weeks holiday.

off to do it in Q4.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So you don't see any value in a jury? And you don't think you should do anything for the wider benefit of society?

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post

EXCUSED.

Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              So you don't see any value in a jury? And you don't think you should do anything for the wider benefit of society?
              If it were a case of feeling one should, it wouldn't be mandatory with threats of imprisonment for declining.

I have no intention of ever doing it, whether I'm summoned or not.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                hey full pay for sitting there reading a book. Couple of weeks holiday.

off to do it in Q4.
                Full pay?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  Full pay?
                  I'm a permie, my employer funds jury service fully. Part of our social responsibility agenda (I got it in writing).

so 2 weeks sitting reading books on full pay.

I doubt they will find a case that any lawyer will want a white middle aged right wing professional on. I think a copy of Jeremy Clarkson or Richard Littlejohn will do it, should get that from the charity shop. Might pull out the big guns and take Machiavelli.

I'm hoping not to get a fraud trial!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    If it were a case of feeling one should, it wouldn't be mandatory with threats of imprisonment for declining.

I have no intention of ever doing it, whether I'm summoned or not.
                    Really?
                    • "One should refrain from murdering other people" - "It's mandatory with threats of imprisonment for declining. I have no intention of ever doing it."

• "One should refrain from breaking into a house and stealing their telly" - "It's mandatory with threats of imprisonment for declining. I have no intention of ever doing it."

• "One should refrain from forcing other motorists off the road so that they crash into trees or dry stone walls" - "It's mandatory with threats of imprisonment for declining. I have no intention of ever doing it."

At least be honest, and say that you have no intention of doing it because you don't give a tulip. Don't pretend it's because you have some high and mighty theory about the Rights of Man.

Comment

Working...
                    X