• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will George Osborne pay for his economic short-termism?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will George Osborne pay for his economic short-termism?

Will George Osborne pay for his economic short-termism? | Business | theguardian.com

he short-term nature of government economic policy provides Labour with the opportunity to lay out a genuine long-term plan for how Britain kicks the mortgage-debt habit, retools industry, rewards work, and pays its way in the world. But it needs to sharpen up its act, and quickly.

He is right about the conservatives - but Labour will not do any better. They could at least admit they wrecked the country between 1997 and 2010.

Where will we find a leader who will cut house prices, immigration, red-tape and business taxes? While at the same time closing all the big business tax loopholes.....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Will George Osborne pay for his economic short-termism? | Business | theguardian.com

he short-term nature of government economic policy provides Labour with the opportunity to lay out a genuine long-term plan for how Britain kicks the mortgage-debt habit, retools industry, rewards work, and pays its way in the world. But it needs to sharpen up its act, and quickly.

He is right about the conservatives - but Labour will not do any better. They could at least admit they wrecked the country between 1997 and 2010.

Where will we find a leader who will cut house prices, immigration, red-tape and business taxes? While at the same time closing all the big business tax loopholes.....
    vote UKIP
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

cut immigration, red-tape - never going to happen inside the EU.
      big business tax loopholes - Big business loves the EU. Can't think why...

Comment

Where will we find a leader.....
        Theres your problem. Sheep have shepherds. Lemmings have leaders. I can't think of another that rhymes.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Theres your problem. Sheep have shepherds. Lemmings have leaders. I can't think of another that rhymes.
          Toads have roads
          Ants have pants
          Llamas have pyjamas...

Comment

Vote UKIP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
              Toads have roads
              Ants have pants
              Llamas have pyjamas...
              I also couldn't be arsed to google what the word that I was looking for was Assuming there is a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                cut immigration, red-tape - never going to happen inside the EU.
                errr - you are 100% correct.....

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  cut immigration, red-tape -
                  Because the EU protects their markets as big businesses are the only ones that can afford to pay for red tape so newcomers to markets are kept out.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    I also couldn't be arsed to google what the word that I was looking for was Assuming there is a word.
                    I think the word is alliterate (c:

We all knew what you meant I'm sure, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to rhyme llama and pyjama...

Comment

Working...
                    X