• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this sub contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this sub contracting

Hi,

I have been offered a contract from a consulting company which sends their own staff (more often permis) to the client. They said I will be representing this consulting. So this is not a usual recruitment agency-client contract. I will be reporting to both Client and Consultancy.
    Does it mean I am considered as sub contractor?

Are sub contractors easy target for HMRC for caught inside IR35?

Thanks
    Last edited by acontractor; 11 June 2014, 07:09.

Originally posted by acontractor View Post
    Hi,

I have been offered a contract from a consulting company which sends their own staff (more often permis) to the client. They said I will be representing this consulting this consultancy. So this is not a usual recruitment agency to client its via consultancy. I will be reporting to both Client and Consultancy.

Thanks
    Nope, its just a contract....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They said I will be representing this consulting this consultancy. So this is not a usual recruitment agency to client its via consultancy.
      its too early in the morning to read such cryptic sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        its too early in the morning to read such cryptic sentences.
        ... corrected.

Comment

I will be reporting to both Client and Consultancy.
          Make sure your contract reflects the reality of the situation, and you are absolutely clear about who you really report to.

Possibly - or even a disguised employee.

Only if the contract and the reality of the situation point to being a disguised employee. If you haven't got a right of substitution, and there is mutuality of obligation, and there is a sufficient degree of direction and control then you are inside; if HMRC can't prove all three then you are outside.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Make sure your contract reflects the reality of the situation, and you are absolutely clear about who you really report to.
            In practice I believe I will be reporting to Client as I dont think the client would want to manage their project by this consultancy. I think to save cost this consul. is providing resources (mostly permies.) to their client.

Comment

It has following substitute clause ..

"... The company may not assign this agreement but may substitute a named Consultant provided only that it has prior written consent and approval of the XXX consultancy..."
              Last edited by acontractor; 11 June 2014, 09:01.

Comment

It has following substitute clause ..

"... The company may not assign this agreement but may substitute a named Consultant provided only that it has prior written consent and approval of the XXX consultancy..."
                "...which shall not unreasonably be withheld." I hope
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  "...which shall not unreasonably be withheld." I hope
                  yes

Comment

In general, you should have nothing to worry about, but make sure your working practices are up to scratch and get your contract reviewed as normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X