• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting - now how true to life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting - now how true to life?

CBBC Newsround - How does it feel to be dyslexic? Try Being Me dyslexia experience

Dyslexia simulation game.

Play | Auti-Sim | Games for Change

Autism

from here:

BBC News - Not just a game: Is it right to 'recreate' disability?

now how true to life are they and is it a good idea?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I think its a good idea. However at the end of the day those with disabilities have to live in the "normal" world - whatever that is. Anything that can help them fit in is good. I thought this comment particularly well thought out:-

When people do try it for just a few hours, says Watson, the difficulties can elicit pity rather than a constructive response. "People don't blame what they should blame, the inaccessible environment and the poor design, they blame the problems on the fact that you have to use a wheelchair or that you can't see."

Comment

I sort of agree, I am for it because people have walked a few feet in someone else's shoes. Its got to lead to better design and assistance, maybe not by all but by an influential few.

There will of course be negatives but I hope the positives out weigh them.

Comment

Maybe I should have been disabled. Then instead of getting divorced from my wives I could have shot them through the bathroom door.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Maybe I should have been disabled. Then instead of getting divorced from my wives I could have shot them through the bathroom door.
          yeah but he completes his races

Comment

Working...
          X