• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't get art

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get art

BBC News - Marina Abramovic: Audience in tears at 'empty space' show

Audience members were moved to tears at the opening of Marina Abramovic's new show at London's Serpentine Gallery.

The performance artist is spending 512 hours interacting with the public at the show, held in three completely empty rooms.

Phones, cameras and even watches are banned, as Abramovic takes people by the hand and encourages them to spend time focusing on the bare white walls.

but then
    Both shows lack the startling drama of her earlier performances, including one in which she systematically stabbed her hand with knives.

In another, she whipped herself, before cutting a five-point star in her stomach with a razor blade and lying on a cross made of ice.

Once, she nearly died after lying in the middle of a burning cross made of petrol-soaked sawdust. On another occasion, she allowed an audience member to hold a loaded gun to her head.
    WTF!!!

bulltulip masquerading as art

Comment

I have desk space in an artists studio at the moment (it was dirt cheap).

You see some amount of tulipe getting wheeled in and out, croissants varnished and stuck to a wall, that kind of stuff.

Comment

I went to art collage at 18.
        Had a bloody marvellous time.
        HTH.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          I went to art collage at 18.

I made a collage once. I was about 8. Lots of glue and colourful paper involved.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Both shows lack the startling drama of her earlier performances, including one in which she systematically stabbed her hand with knives.

In another, she whipped herself, before cutting a five-point star in her stomach with a razor blade and lying on a cross made of ice.

Once, she nearly died after lying in the middle of a burning cross made of petrol-soaked sawdust. On another occasion, she allowed an audience member to hold a loaded gun to her head.
            I once paid £500 for that at Kings Cross.

Are you saying I could have got an "artist" to do it for less?

Comment

Ok so I cant spell, I'm on a train, on me phone with no spellchecker.
              Apologies for being crap.
              Now dont you be getting grumpy with me just cos the permies pished you off.
              Have a hug.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Apologies for being crap.
                Now dont you be getting grumpy with me just cos the permies pished you off.
                Have a hug.

Comment

Your grammar is rubbish as well unless you are fourteen.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Did she invoice for it?

Comment

Working...
                    X