• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer of 69

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer of 69

Amazing pics of the summer of 69 in New York

http://AllThatIsInneresting.com

The optimism, the feeling we were on the cusp of a new age, Woodstock, man on the moon etc.

And, regarding the moon landings, it was 'we' - one felt it was the collective effort of the whole of humanity that put those men on the moon.

Can't imagine the same thing when China puts the first man on Mars somehow .

If you're really into your flower power, there are some great pics from the original Woodstock Festival here:
    Woodstock 69
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 12 June 2014, 22:50.

So who was expecting a thread about mutual oral pleasure?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thought I was the only one on here ancient enough to remember all this. Went to the Brit equivalent at Isle of Wight.

Those lovely hippy days. Long hair, crappy little goatee, sandals all year round, bright red trousers with green crosses on, goats hair jacket that looked like I was wearing a a mini skirt, obsessions with spiritual guff like man. And the music of course. This is just a few years later but:

Bobby Goldsboro -- Summer The First Time - YouTube

PS Went to get my goats hair jacket from the attic last year and the f* moths has eaten it!
      Last edited by xoggoth; 13 June 2014, 08:36.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        My memory's not that good.

Comment

Compare 1944 to 1969 to 1994. Clearly 1969 was the peak. Its gone downhill since 1994 as well. This forum was green fields.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Have you got a link for that instead?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Thought I was the only one on here ancient enough to remember all this. Went to the Brit equivalent at Isle of Wight.

Those lovely hippy days. Long hair, crappy little goatee, sandals all year round, bright red trousers with green crosses on, goats hair jacket that looked like I was wearing a a mini skirt, obsessions with spiritual guff like man. And the music of course. This is just a few years later but:

Bobby Goldsboro -- Summer The First Time - YouTube

PS Went to get my goats hair jacket from the attic last year and the f* moths has eaten it!
              Of course I'm not old enough!

I've just seen the Time Warner sanitised, rose tinted spectacles version of those days, that's all.

Comment

Feck man, those jackets used to stink
                That's why I wore it, so I could blame the stink on my jacket.

The proper Afghan ones didn't pong, it was the cheapo knockoffs that did.
                Mine was Greek, purchased when I hitched round Europe. I was wandering round Istanbul in it once and bloke came up and gave me a huge kiss on the mouth. Given the skirt-like appearance perhaps he was not gay, just liked women with goatee beards.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 13 June 2014, 10:06.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X