• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook or Company Website or Both

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook or Company Website or Both

Morning All,

as you all know, Plan B goes from strength to strength and is currently preparing the third loaf of bread for sale.

Each loaf of bread has a had a website, but not being a Plan B which sits on its knees and does nothing, this this loaf of bread we've moved into the modern world and got onto Twitter and Facebook.

So for the third loaf of bread we have the Facebook Page (a business page on Facebook), the twitter account linked to the Facebook page so that anything we update on Facebook gets tweeted.

And we will have the website.

This is my first time on Facebook, and what I am liking about it is it is sooooo simple, the simple timeline showing updates on the loaf of bread and the About page for the company details.

This really turns classical website design upside down, because the classical website design is a large clumsy site with lots of boring information. The Facebook timeline on the other hand is agile and minimal containing only the highlights and most important information.

This is leading me to wonder, for this third loaf, if we should keep the classical website to the minimum, and focus attention on Facebook.

What do the experts think ?

Milan.

It depends on what the business is and who you are targeting it at. Since your post was borderline incomprehensible I can't tell!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      What do the experts think ?

Milan.
      It depends on the product, the market and many many other factors. HTH BIVVVMDI
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It depends who the customers for the 3rd loaf are?

I once knew a guy who would not accept the reason his software was not selling to bankers, was he had a "buddy list" not a "Contact List".

It's not what you want it's what your customers want.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

yeah fair points

I think with the website for the third loaf we'll make the website sharper and more facebookesque than a large clumsy site with too much information

Milan.

Comment

You will have different traffic for social media vs website. You can use twitter/FB to keep people who already know about your bread updated on the baking process. The website is more for people who might be interested in buying bread in your area and who might require more detailed info. i.e. the types of loaves, size, calorific info etc.

Comment

thing is

nice coat that jacket

the facebook and tweeter are really SEO optimized so when we put stuff on those two it's highly visible on google and can be backlinked to the company website

on top of this, we can use facebook for marketing, ie targeted adverts on facebook which is the next step in the facebook strategy, having got the facebook presence we're now going to see how it performs as a marketing tool with paid for targeted facebook adverts

Milan.

Comment

Is FB stuff indexed by search engines these days?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

yep

just do a search for people and things on google and see how many facebook links are returned

and just to make really sure I added to the facebook vanity urls for plan b to google manually

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    thing is

nice coat that jacket

the facebook and tweeter are really SEO optimized so when we put stuff on those two it's highly visible on google and can be backlinked to the company website

on top of this, we can use facebook for marketing, ie targeted adverts on facebook which is the next step in the facebook strategy, having got the facebook presence we're now going to see how it performs as a marketing tool with paid for targeted facebook adverts

Milan.
                    Sounds like you know the answer to your question.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X