• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not far from the truth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not far from the truth

Sad, but (probably) true.

NEW YORK—Offering no justification for the action aside from their own desire to do so, executives from the nation’s leading cable companies announced plans Wednesday to take $100 from every one of their subscribers. “At midnight EST tonight, we will deduct exactly $100 from each of our customers’ accounts and, frankly, there is nothing that anyone can do about it,” said Comcast President and CEO Brian L. Roberts in a morning press conference, flanked by like-minded executives from Time Warner, Dish Network
    Cable Companies Announce They’re Just Going To Take $100 From Everyone

I really like
    The cable company CEOs added that any subscriber who was dissatisfied with the plan was more than welcome to call their customer service lines.
    or should it be!
    The cable company CEOs added that any subscriber who was dissatisfied with the plan was more than welcome to call their premium customer service lines.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

I am told they enjoy pretty good profit margins to begin with.

Looking up their published accounts can be interesting.

I don't think they expect folks to do that :
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
    X