• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xbox One v PS4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One v PS4

Who's got one and anyone compared the two?

Games wise pretty much all the games on the horizon I'll want to play are on both do guess I'll have to work out who plays online and what first they use
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

No can do, me and the sexy lady have theatre tickets.

#life
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      No can do, me and the sexy lady have theatre tickets.

#life
      say what?

Comment

I got a one last week, I have to say I have been somewhat underwhelmed by it.

Possibly as titanfall is quite disappointing.

Comment

One what?

The PS4 is mildly more technically impressive, although neither will beat a top range PC, which is to be expected given the price range. I guess it depends on what exclusives you're after. If you're not bothered, I'd go for the PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            say what?
            Apart from cUK, I don't do games.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Who's got one and anyone compared the two?

Games wise pretty much all the games on the horizon I'll want to play are on both do guess I'll have to work out who plays online and what first they use
              I'm still hooked on Candy Crush Saga, plays nicely on the NOOK. All I need. Though I did see Fifa 15 on XBox One two weeks ago. Really amazing what they can do these days. Sorry, last time I saw a game was back in Uni in '90. Things really have moved on!
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've got both and the XBox One Kinect interface is annoying, it doesn't work with the

I've got both and the XBox One Kinect interface is annoying, it doesn't work with the voice commands very well, Microsoft are soon flogging a version of The XBone without Kinect which some say speeds up the overall operation of the system by up to 15% but that has created a 'those with and those without' Kinect Dichotomy which is a cheek as Microsoft were originally plugging this as a must have.

In terms of the subscriptions (for online multiplayer games etc) Sony has the better PSN which gives free games every month on PS4 (and PS3 and Vita) some are small Indie titles but others are triple A titles like Dragon's Crown and these are much better than the free offerings on Microsoft's monthly subscription plan 'XBox Live' although Microsoft have promised to address this 'right now'. In terms of online multiplayer with my experiences with Battlefield 4 and Titanfall I would say that more people communicate on the Xbox Live Xbox One games rather than the Playstation 4 with random multiplayer groups that you may pick up and partake in.

Technically I don't see much difference between the two, nothing has 'blown me away' it's another incremental step in technology that will last 5 to 7 years; many of the graphics snobs have complained that many of the XBox One games are not running at 60 frames per second at 1080p screen resolution but the Playstation 4 is 'sort of making the grade' and achieving this. I say rhubarb to this, I don't care about realistic graphics .. we are not there yet with the tech to get total photo realistic graphics, I'm playing Dragon Quest 8 which is a Playstation 2 game on my Playstation 4 and it blows any title on either the PS3 or XBox One out of the water so phooey to graphics.
                Last edited by sbakoola; 16 June 2014, 12:38.

Comment

If you want Kinect for family fun obviously get the XB. Otherwise I think the PS4 as a pure console.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They're console, wouldn't touch them.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X