• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aston Martin DB9 or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aston Martin DB9 or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti?

How comes I've not heard of the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti before? Perhaps anything with an asking price approaching £200k automatically falls off my radar.

You can now pick up a 612 for around €50-70k - very tempting as it seems much more practical than the DB9.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

The Fezza, any day...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

DB9 any day. Although money permitting, a DBS or Vanquish would be good too

Comment

Something a bit more discreet IMO - New Audi RS6.

Comment

I don't want to pimp up my hippy credentials, but I'd really like one of those Teslas. Then I'd like to have the M6 toll road to myself for an hour or two.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

612 is a tad ugly from a couple of angles, but I like them. Stupendous running costs explain the depreciation. Not that a DB9 will be cheap either. The Fezza has much more room in the back IIRC.

Comment

Always hankered after a DB9

Now looking at a F Type coupé as a more sensible option

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Have a look on pistonheads; you can get a decent idea of servicing costs.

long term consumables, brakes suspension etc, are pricey.

Mate ran a db9 for a couple of years. Around 20k in maintenance overall. Depreciation was a bitch too.

Comment

The 612 is the one Clarkson drove to that ski resort in Switzerland. Ugly ugly Ferrari.

I'd go for the F Type.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    The 612 is the one Clarkson drove to that ski resort in Switzerland. Ugly ugly Ferrari.

I'd go for the F Type.
                    But I have two daughters, 3 & 1. Saving for a while now. The Maserati Granturismo was the 1st choice, now about €40k. Not concerned about running costs since as I'm only an occasional user. The 911 991 is also an option but think it's just two small for the weins.

But the Maserati, my goodness just look at it., I see one or two around Munich, there are eye watering aching to look at.

Last edited by scooterscot; 15 June 2014, 14:00.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X