• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So the Great Liar has finally got up on his hind feet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Great Liar has finally got up on his hind feet

Originally posted by Bliar Lord of the Lies
    It ain't my fault, honest, guv.
    How this twat is a) walking around free rather than being tried as a war criminal and b) is a fecking middle east peace envoy is absoluckingfutely beyond surreal.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

He still thinks that he is an Übermensch too, which is even more remarkable.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Quite, although he is not necessarily wrong to suggest it would all have happened anyway. SH would eventually have gone one way or another and if he was still around today, he would have been targeted by those currently involved in Syria.

Given the nature of Islamism and the tribal nature of the Arab world, the mistakes of those like Blair probably make very little difference in the long run.

For the same reasons, not the slightest point in us getting involved. How can we help the genuinely "moderate" rebels against Assad without also benefiting the extreme Islamists? If we help put the former in power, how long before they are targeted by the latter just as the Iraq government is now?
      Last edited by xoggoth; 15 June 2014, 10:52.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        SH would eventually have gone one way or another and if he was still around today, he would have been targeted by those currently involved in Syria.
        Saddam Hussein was a strong dictator - I don't believe any uprising against him from those muslims in Syria would have been successful.

Comment

Maybe KP but so is Assad and he hasn't won yet. Wouldn't stop them trying.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Stab,Stab, Stabbity Stab™
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Remember he hasn't lost yet either.

Comment

BBC News - Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'

Standing outside some posh palace.

I hope there are more riots in LOndon so I can pop round and put a brick through his window.

Comment

I'm not sure about that.
                  Assad took over from his father, and was an Optician in London before he did so. I suspect that Assad, while doing some harsh things, is too nice, and doesn't have the killer instinct that Saddam had. Saddam was a self-made man in dictator terms - he rose from nothing to his position of power.

Assad looks like a dork as well.

Comment

Plus it's guys like Blair arming and funding the rebels in the first place. Hardly makes sense to then blame a lack of intervention in Syria for those same rebels spilling over into Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                    X