• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless shopping thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless shopping thread

Got dragged off to furniture shop to investigate new sofas (yawn)

What caught our eyes was this (except it was a corner unit config + sofa)

We were looking at a fabric sofa but the idea of a leather one isn't now ruled out - having never owned one before can any of the congregation comment on leather sofas longevity, resilience , maintenance etc

The other concern I have is I have always associated leather sofas with being a bit... chavtastic
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post

We were looking at a fabric sofa but the idea of a leather one isn't now ruled out - having never owned one before can any of the congregation comment on leather sofas longevity, resilience , maintenance etc

The other concern I have is I have always associated leather sofas with being a bit... chavtastic
    We've got chavtastic leather. Seat cushions have worn through, but we've had it about 10 years, so perhaps fair enough. It's an electric recliner, and very, very comfy. (But don't use the reclining mechanism if you drop your phone down the side - the crunch is quite sickening)

Need to look for a new one, but no idea what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      We've got chavtastic leather. Seat cushions have worn through, but we've had it about 10 years, so perhaps fair enough. It's an electric recliner, and very, very comfy. (But don't use the reclining mechanism if you drop your phone down the side - the crunch is quite sickening)

Need to look for a new one, but no idea what I want.
      The fabric ones due for replacement are 9 years so that's comparable will you be going for leather again?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Surely you should PM atW on anything to do with sofas?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This thread has just cost me £240. As I've just ordered a sofa to replace the family room table we never use..

Ironically its called Boom
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

DFS logic

Cost of sofa £239. Cost of fabric protection £400... I don't think so...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We have BO concept sofas, 2 brown leather ones, they don't look chavish.

started to crack slightly after 8 years but they will last for a while yet.

Comment

If you don't have pets who scratch and do have kids leather is great. wipe clean.

Mrs V isn't a fan otherwise we would have one, I have a leather chair in the bedroom and love it, it is however inherited.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Must be a chav then. My chav leather sofa cost €3k, we got this one. Could sleep on it it's that comfy.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hmm, not very contractor, but there are some ******* cheap sofas on eBay.

Henpecked idiots spend thousands on some good stuff and are then forced to do it again two years later because the mem-sahib wants to change the colour of the sitting room (or, more probably, the "lounge")

Comment

Working...
                    X