• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What if I keep company dormant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was recently made redundant from a perm job. Now I am looking for contract role. However, I might switch to perm job again if I can manage to find something suitable in near future.*

Conventional wisdom says I should go via umbrella company. But i don't know how long I shall be contracting. So if I open own limited company, is it too much hassle to keep it dormant in case I stop contracting for some time?

It shouldn't be. You can close down the PAYE and VAT schemes, then you'll just need to file non-trading accounts each year with HMRC and Companies House. These should be easy enough to do yourself, or reasonably cheap from an accountant.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
    X