• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Juncker Bonds?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker Bonds?

'Die is cast' for Jean-Claude Juncker to take the EU's top job as defeat looms for David Cameron - Telegraph

'Die is cast' for Jean-Claude Juncker to take the EU's top job as defeat looms for David Cameron
    The "die is cast" for Jean-Claude Juncker's appointment as European Commission president after Angela Merkel turns on David Cameron amid British warnings of a looming political "train crash"
    Jean-Claude Juncker
    Mr Juncker was chosen as the leading candidate by the European People's Party Photo: BLOOMBERG
    By Bruno Waterfield, in Brussels and Peter Dominiczak1:58PM BST 16 Jun 2014Comments1354 Comments
    British diplomats have warned that a "battle royal is coming" that could hasten a British referendum on Europe if the former prime minister of Luxembourg is installed in the European Union's top job.
    After talks between Herman Van Rompuy, the German Chancellor and Britain last week, Angela Merkel has decided "to proceed as soon as possible with the appointment" of Jean-Claude Juncker, inflicting a humiliating defeat on David Cameron at a meeting of EU leaders on June 27.
    well that shows what they think about renegotiating!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Not my favourite chappy either, but this bit is worth noting;

Mr Juncker was chosen as the spitzenkandidat, or leading candidate, by the European People's Party (EPP), the biggest, centre-right grouping in the EU assembly
    Shortly after taking up leadership of the Conservative Party, David Cameron pulled them out of the EPP. If they'd stayed in the EPP, they'd probably have been able to prevent this.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I read that initially as Jean Claude Van Damme to take EU top job, Cameron would have no chance against the 'Muscles from Brussels'

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        I read that initially as Jean Claude Van Damme to take EU top job, Cameron would have no chance against the 'Muscles from Brussels'
        it could of been Chuck Norris

Let me google that for you
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X