• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM Gigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM Gigs

Any other IT PM's finding the market tough at the moment around London upwards? Been looking for a while now with leads coming in but no interviews which is unusual for me. I'm being very proactive, have revamped the CV, calling agents I've worked with in the past, dogging previous contacts (not literally) for leads, updating Linked in, chasing roles applied for on the job boards. I'm also studying to increase my qualifications (PMP, APM). Not sure I can do anything else..

Anyone else having the same problem?

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Any other IT PM's finding the market tough at the moment around London upwards? Been looking for a while now with leads coming in but no interviews which is unusual for me. I'm being very proactive, have revamped the CV, calling agents I've worked with in the past, dogging previous contacts (not literally) for leads, updating Linked in, chasing roles applied for on the job boards. I'm also studying to increase my qualifications (PMP, APM). Not sure I can do anything else..

Anyone else having the same problem?
    PM gigs are higher level and there are plenty of PMs around. Also the time of year is gonna be quieter for kicking off projects.... That's what I'd expect.

Comment

But there is always a bad time of year..

Coming up to April - year end
      After year end - Easter
      After Easter - summer hols
      School holidays
      etc etc

I cant reason the time of year is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        PM gigs are higher level and there are plenty of PMs around. Also the time of year is gonna be quieter for kicking off projects.... That's what I'd expect.

"plenty of PMs around" is there evidence of this? Just asking like.

Comment

But there is always a bad time of year..

Coming up to April - year end
          After year end - Easter
          After Easter - summer hols
          School holidays
          etc etc

I cant reason the time of year is the problem.
          There is definitely no set rule but usually with PMs I expect the following:

- New year to get projects underway or ready for sign off after year end
          - after year end - to cope with new work load
          - after summer when work load ramps up towards xmas

Having said that there should be roles around all year round.

Comment

"plenty of PMs around" is there evidence of this? Just asking like.
            Yes.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Where?

Comment

Where?
                I don't know.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

So your statement is based on no evidence....

Comment

So your statement is based on no evidence....
                    It's a reasonable assumption that there is evidence somewhere.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                    X