• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

for H-1B read ICT in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This IT worker had to train an H-1B replacement - Computerworld

the comments are interesting

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    This IT worker had to train an H-1B replacement - Computerworld

the comments are inneresting
    Hmm...inneresting

I toyed with the idea of trying to get in on an H-1B myself a few years back. It differs from ICT in that you don't have to be an employee of an offshore company operating in the host country.

Looks like they only dish them out to Indians though

Comment

he Florida woman's frustration, and Rubio's boilerplate response, says something about the political disconnect on this issue. Rubio supports the increase in the H-1B cap included in the Senate immigration bill, with the belief there's a tech skills shortage in the U.S. "You can't grow the middle class if people do not have the skills to get hired for these jobs," said Rubio in 2012.
      You can't grow the middle class if the jobs you expect them to take pay crap wages, which this is all about.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Not just Indians

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        Hmm...inneresting

I toyed with the idea of trying to get in on an H-1B myself a few years back. It differs from ICT in that you don't have to be an employee of an offshore company operating in the host country.

Looks like they only dish them out to Indians though
        as you can see

ICT Data Dashboard - BackTheMAC

Comment

Working...
        X