• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When do you intend to retire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you intend to retire?

Seen some contractors in late sixties still raking in the corn. Will you be long since retired? What's your plan?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

I intend to die at my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      After invoicing I trust?

Comment

If I retire I might end up like sasguru.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          After invoicing I trust?
          He's permie - as long as no-one notices he's dead, they'll carry on paying him for months.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            He's permie - as long as no-one notices he's dead, they'll carry on paying him for months.
            Good point. Might as well invoice anyway though

Comment

Already have. Not yet 40. How?

Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Working from home, stabbed in the right temple from behind by a future Mrs BP?
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  Working from home, stabbed in the right temple from behind by a future Mrs BP?
                  Or one of the previous ones

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Thinking about the permies around here, this might be more common than you'd suspect. Wasn't there a recent Monday Links link to a guy with no job who was still on payroll? The perfect crime...

Comment

Working...
                    X