• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expect to be screwed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expect to be screwed

Just had 2 different agencies call me re same role and told second agent not to put me forward as agent 1 is already representing.

Fully expect agen 2 to put me forward anyway to reduce the competition as client will probably bin me as they won't want the agecy squabble.

Brilliant..

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Just had 2 different agencies call me re same role and told second agent not to put me forward as agent 1 is already representing.

Fully expect agen 2 to put me forward anyway to reduce the competition as client will probably bin me as they won't want the agecy squabble.

Brilliant..
    Should have done the usual stalling tactic, ask him for a job spec, and then make up some reason why its not for you.

Comment

Yep lesson learned... Barstewards

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I still haven't got over the twat from Cliveden putting me forward for a permie role in Bristol without telling me, thus screwing up a lucrative contract possibility.

Feckwhit.

D*n H*nl*y K*ng.

Another one who's on my tulip list.

It was 17 years ago now.
        well if he had a double barrelled name he was obivously a tw@

but after 17 years it is probably time to let it go!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          You may be right on both counts.
          Never let a grudge die out. You need to take time to feed it when it dwindles, to keep it glowing and flickering away. Then when you bump into the ****er, you can just throw some fuel on and it's instantly roaring and ready to go.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            well if he had a double barrelled name he was obivously a tw@

but after 17 years it is probably time to let it go!
            I'm sure Zeity wants the meat to hang for a few more months.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

reading the thread title I thought NLYUK was renaming her business.

she Said "F*** for a farthing" was too limiting.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                I thought the usual thing that agent 2 does in this situation is to not put you forward, but put their own candidate forward. And then tell the client, in passing, that they had heard you were a bad contractor.

But I shouldn't worry about it badger - there are plenty of other contracts out there. Making this type of mistake is how you learn, and earn your stripes..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I thought the usual thing that agent 2 does in this situation is to not put you forward, but put their own candidate forward. And then tell the client, in passing, that they had heard you were a bad contractor.
                  Same as agent 1, then.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

But I shouldn't worry about it badger - there are plenty of other contracts out there. Making this type of mistake is how you learn, and earn your stripes..
                    Perhaps, but I kind of assume agent 2 would put me forward as well as agent 1. Client sees same CV from 2 agents and decides to not get in the middle of an agent spat and bins me for a quiet life.. Hey ho

Comment

Working...
                    X