• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the nurse be sued?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two month old baby 'given MMR jab' - Telegraph

A young couple whose baby was given the MMR jab by mistake are suing the nurse responsible for potentially putting her life at risk.

An spokeswoman for NHS London said: "We are investigating the concerns raised by this family about their child’s vaccination and are currently establishing the facts. Whilst it is not routine or advisable to vaccinate a child with MMR at two months of age, there is no clinical risk to the baby."

Yes - any money you can grab by whatever means is worth it
    14.29%
    No - any the child should be taken into care as his parents are cretins
    42.86%
    AndyW had the MMR vaccination and that turned out fine didn't it
    42.86%

Has the child suffered any loss or damage in any way?

Comment

I've changed my mind - SUE.

They are also angry at the surgery because they didn't take action after discovering the mistake – leaving the couple to take their baby to the hospital under their own steam.
      Medical staff can make mistakes and the parents were foolish for not checking and knowing what vaccines happen at what age, but the surgery doing SFA when the mistake is revealed isn't on.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
        Has the child suffered any loss or damage in any way?
        Problem is they don't know.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I've changed my mind - SUE.

Medical staff can make mistakes and the parents were foolish for not checking and knowing what vaccines happen at what age, but the surgery doing SFA when the mistake is revealed isn't on.
          Suing seems odd. Report her to her employer and to the NMC.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

people make mistakes. if a nurse makes a mistake and puts it in the 'errors and near misses' log, its possible to spot systematic, management or training issues.

If you sue them, it will never go into the log.

If these parents want to stop mistakes happening to other kids, they have to suck it up and accept the world is not perfect and that there will be, sadly, casualties
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              people make mistakes
              this

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                They are also angry at the surgery because they didn't take action after discovering the mistake – leaving the couple to take their baby to the hospital under their own steam.
                Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                An spokeswoman for NHS London said: "...there is no clinical risk to the baby."
                Difficult to do something when there's nothing to do, nor nothing that needs doing.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

<some Poster who is an expert>
                  They are obviously Cretins
                  The couple also have nagging concerns about the long-term effects of the mistake. Now-discredited research linking the MMR vaccine to autism remains a worry for the pair.
                  </some Poster who is an expert>

Seriously it looks like it was a genuine mistake, not sure how its possible for such a mistake to be made with something as routine as a vaccine, I'm sort of assuming they have specific forms / procedures with checks & balances to prevent such things.

The practice's after care appears terrible.

I suppose it was their first vaccine? I have sat up all night with the baby after some vaccines, what they describe is pretty normal.
                  "We got home and waited. She had a really bad appetite. She wasn't eating and was falling asleep really easily. We literally had to wake her up to feed her. It was horrible ... a really horrible experience."
                  Not sure why they didn't get the vaccines in Hungary?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Difficult to do something when there's nothing to do, nor nothing that needs doing.
                    The real crime is that there wasn't a better process in place to protect the nurse from making the fook up.

Barcode the viles and the form. Scan before jabbing. Checks and balances.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X