• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Washington Redskins to change name?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Redskins to change name?

Gawd, what's the world coming to?

More Grauniad hand wringing drivel

On Wednesday, the US Patent Office decided that the word "Redskins" is officially offensive and cannot be trademarked
    I was talking to my nephew about Red Indians the other day, is that racist too? We all used to say that before we became so enlightened.

And what about that 80s band The Redskins? Weren't they a bunch of lefties? Well it it can't be racist then....

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Gawd, what's the world coming to?

More Grauniad hand wringing drivel

I was talking to my nephew about Red Indians the other day, is that racist too? We all used to say that before we became so enlightened.

And what about that 80s band The Redskins? Weren't they a bunch of lefties? Well it it can't be racist then....
    The Washington Redskins team is a commercial enterprise so it is making a business decision. Free market economics.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

At least the new name The Washington Nig Nogs will not cause any offense.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How is it "Grauniad hand wringing drivel"? It's the Grauniad reporting a decision of the USPTO. It's also been reported in hundreds, probably thousands, of other places. Is is "Cleveland Plain Dealer hand wringing drivel" if I read about it there? "Fox News hand wringing drivel"? (Mind you, the Fox News stuff is drivel.)

I know you're just another pathetic sockpuppet, but if you want to slag off a newspaper you need to try harder than "OMG they reported some news".

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Washington Wigga's have a better ring to it
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            How is it "Grauniad hand wringing drivel"? It's the Grauniad reporting a decision of the USPTO. It's also been reported in hundreds, probably thousands, of other places. Is is "Cleveland Plain Dealer hand wringing drivel" if I read about it there? "Fox News hand wringing drivel"? (Mind you, the Fox News stuff is drivel.)

I know you're just another pathetic sockpuppet, but if you want to slag off a newspaper you need to try harder than "OMG they reported some news".
            Did you read the article?

Just take the opening paragraph:

The howls of the poor, put-upon, downtrodden (and mostly white) fans of Washington's football team will undoubtedly come out in force.
            That's just reporting the news is it? I stand by what I say.

Comment

:
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Are The Green Bay Pakis still going?

Comment

Did you read the article?

Just take the opening paragraph:

The howls of the poor, put-upon, downtrodden (and mostly white) fans of Washington's football team will undoubtedly come out in force.
                  That's just reporting the news is it? I stand by what I say.
                  The only problem with that is that it uses the future tense, but other than that it's correct: the howlers have already come out in force, because Twitter and Facebook operate to a more immediate schedule than mainstream media.

And boy, did those racist gits whine!

Comment

So you would have been happy if Microsoft had been able to trademark the name "Windows"?

Comment

Working...
                    X