• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cannabis - ill effects?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis - ill effects?

Been a long time since I sat in a room in which a joint was doing the rounds but I was talking with somebody the other night about the pros and cons of legalising marijuana and her concerns were with the alleged trigger effect it can have on people with latent mental health issues.

It kind of got me thinking back to my student days in the late 80s / early 90s where we would sit in somebody's bedroom, ashen faced with clammy hands, barely able to talk all the while kidding ourselves it was a really nice buzz.

Actually, there were times when it did feel very nice - but as time went on I found it less pleasurable until I reached a point where the effects were downright unpleasant - I'd often experience the phenomenon known in Scotland as a "Whitey". So I stopped - it just no longer agreed with me.

Just wondering if this is a common effect of the drug?

It's media image is one of a lightweight, recreational drug that is prone to giving its users fits of the giggles - but it can make you feel pretty screwed up too.

I'm often tempted to nip into Yeovil to score a "teenth" from one of the less salubrious drinking establishments in town just to see what it would be like after all these years but I've given up tobacco so I really don't want to be anywhere near that particular slippery slope.

Could always smack the bottom out of a milk bottle and do a few hotties though

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Been a long time since I sat in a room in which a joint was doing the rounds but I was talking with somebody the other night about the pros and cons of legalising marijuana and her concerns were with the alleged trigger effect it can have on people with latent mental health issues.

It kind of got me thinking back to my student days in the late 80s / early 90s where we would sit in somebody's bedroom, ashen faced with clammy hands, barely able to talk all the while kidding ourselves it was a really nice buzz.

Actually, there were times when it did feel very nice - but as time went on I found it less pleasurable until I reached a point where the effects were downright unpleasant - I'd often experience the phenomenon known in Scotland as a "Whitey". So I stopped - it just no longer agreed with me.

Just wondering if this is a common effect of the drug?

It's media image is one of a lightweight, recreational drug that is prone to giving its users fits of the giggles - but it can make you feel pretty screwed up too.

I'm often tempted to nip into Yeovil to score a "teenth" from one of the less salubrious drinking establishments in town just to see what it would be like after all these years but I've given up tobacco so I really don't want to be anywhere near that particular slippery slope.

Could always smack the bottom out of a milk bottle and do a few hotties though
    It might have been the tobacco and/or the low quality stuff you get off the street. It should be legal to grow a couple of plants in your own home.

Comment

The only problem was that it got me addicted to tobacco and onto cigarettes

I've long since given up smoking ciggies, but will have the odd joint when doing some photography out in the wilds

As long as not smoking skunk or somesuch, it's not going to really harm you
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

No such thing as a 'safe' drug, but occasional moderate use surely no worse than drinking fermented sugars or inhaling the carcinogenic smoke from burning dried leaves. A mate is a long term heavy user and we frequently have to wait while he searches his memory for just the right word, which would be OK if the word was something like 'farinaceous', when it is 'chair', you begin to wonder ...

Long term the risks are:

- Short term memory loss
        - Paranoia and anxiety
        - Psychosis
        - Short term memory loss.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

I tried some out when I was much younger. I never got any kind of hit off any of it despite everyone around me taking the same amount and being floored. I ghostied once and was ill but that was it.

The only real effect it had on me was providing access to other party drugs which made rave clubs and dancing all night far more fun.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            No such thing as a 'safe' drug, but occasional moderate use surely no worse than drinking fermented sugars or inhaling the carcinogenic smoke from burning dried leaves. A mate is a long term heavy user and we frequently have to wait while he searches his memory for just the right word, which would be OK if the word was something like 'farinaceous', when it is 'chair', you begin to wonder ...

Long term the risks are:

- Short term memory loss
            - Paranoia and anxiety
            - Psychosis
            - Short term memory loss.

Comment

Originally posted by unix View Post
              reefer madness!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                I tried some out when I was much younger. I never got any kind of hit off any of it despite everyone around me taking the same amount and being floored. I ghostied once and was ill but that was it.

The only real effect it had on me was providing access to other party drugs which made rave clubs and dancing all night far more fun.

I started like that, but a friends dad had a little engineering company so at night when it was shut we'd get in, design and make our own water bongs and it start the same

This stuff isn't working

Try standing up!

Oh tulip, as suddenly it really hit me
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Never even tried it

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    Long term the risks are:

- Short term memory loss
                    - Paranoia and anxiety
                    - Psychosis