• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email address to report dodgy umbrella schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email address to report dodgy umbrella schemes

HMRC have a dedicated email address to report scheme providers posing as umbrella companies but actually operating tax avoidance schemes [email protected] - feel free to dob away
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

<rubs hands>
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        HMRC have a dedicated email address to report scheme providers posing as umbrella companies but actually operating tax avoidance schemes [email protected] - feel free to dob away
        ......and please make sure you include Umbrella Companies with a questionable approach to claiming expenses.

Not quite in the same league, but I had a call from an Umbrella company yesterday with an expenses policy approved by an 'ex-HMRC employee' that was frankly outrageous. It did have the same ring to it as 'QC approved'.

The 'ex-HMRC' employee must have been a janitor.

Quick way of sanitising Umbrellas is to see if they're a member of All Umbrella Companies are Equal .
        Last edited by jbryce; 20 June 2014, 11:50. Reason: added http://allumbrellacompaniesareequal.com/

Comment

Can someone knock up a standard template? Most end up in my spam folder, but I had another one via Contract Jobs this week, so a nice simple cut and paste job would be nice.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Re: expenses policies - HMRC never, ever, ever approve anything ever
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              So they can do SOD ALL for another 10 years.

Comment

Last edited by Embra; 23 June 2014, 16:34. Reason: Security breach :(

Comment

Originally posted by Embra View Post
                  Just got this little beauty through

<mod: removing a numpty moment >
                  Oops. You left your email exposed

Comment

Why would anyone want to help HMRC?

Comment

Working...
                    X