• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passports

People without passports interned in Britain

From the mash:

"Amnesty International has called on the Government to free the millions of people who cannot afford to pay the bribe demanded by the UK Passport Service."

😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

2/5ths of the applications are from newly naturalised citizens.

Oh Well
    Last edited by vetran; 20 June 2014, 14:36. Reason: wrong number
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      2/3rds of the applications are from newly naturalised citizens.

Oh Well
      As I understood it the passport application and renewal processes were made stricter, longer, more bureaucratic and partly outsourced by the government of the War Criminal known as Tony.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

2/3rds of the applications are from newly naturalised citizens.

Oh Well
        How do they know that if they haven't processed them?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/adult

How long it takes
          Your application will take at least 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.
          Applications may take longer if:
          HM Passport Office need to ask you for more information or documents
          the photographs you send are rejected
          How to apply
          You must apply and pay for your passport online.
          Before you start you need:
          your current passport

Which means doing without my passport for at least 6 fooking weeks. How has it reached this point?

Comment

Seems to me this passport debacle should be a warning to anyone thinking of issuing new passports to 7 million people in one go.

I think it said 6 weeks when I renewed mine last year, but it took about 10 days.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Seems to me this passport debacle should be a warning to anyone thinking of issuing new passports to 7 million people in one go.
              Is London becoming independent?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I think it said 6 weeks when I renewed mine last year, but it took about 10 days.
                Well first Tony the War Criminal made the process longer and more complicated and wouldn't give British consulates the equipment to issue passports as they had done in the past, then Dave the Clueless and his bunch shifted expat applications to the UK and cut the staff levels, and now we have huge delays and expats are expected to do without their passports for at least 6 weeks, and you can´t even pay using a European debit card.

It is utter, utter incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  How do they know that if they haven't processed them?
                  one assumes they took a sample and multiplied up. or they have the experience of previous years?

maybe its a standard statistic they have to provide?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

one assumes they took a sample and multiplied up. or they have the experience of previous years?

maybe its a standard statistic they have to provide?
                    WGAS whose passports they are?

FFS, the passport renewal for expats has gone from a couple of days to 'at least 6 weeks' in the last 20 years. That is just fooking incompetence at the highest level, regardless of the origin of the applications.

Mash spot on again though

Comment

Working...
                    X