• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom!

In the process of landing my first UK contracting assignment.. put my CV up a week ago, 2 interviews and 2 offers this week accepting one offer today. The contracts not signed yet though but confidence is high, its based on the PCG contract so review wise it should fly through and working practices look to be inline as well.

All round pretty happy, bit of a confidence boost to get one sorted. Initial 6 months but definitely scope to extend further.

In my experience I don't recall getting hardly any call backs for jobs I had actually applied for.. I uploaded my CV and made it available to recruiters to search and I've had 3-6 calls a day.. surprisingly CWJobs was maybe 10% the rest came from Jobsite.co.uk. I'm not in a high demand area either, I'm an Infrastructure Engineer, mostly Microsoft/VMware/Cloud etc.

Those on the bench, if you're not already on Jobsite it appears to be the best place so far for me, worth giving it a shot.
    Last edited by rapid; 20 June 2014, 18:41.

Originally posted by rapid View Post
    In the process of landing my first UK contracting assignment.. put my CV up a week ago, 2 interviews and 2 offers this week accepting one offer today. The contracts not signed yet though but confidence is high, its based on the PCG contract so review wise it should fly through and working practices look to be inline as well.

All round pretty happy, bit of a confidence boost to get one sorted. Initial 6 months but definitely scope to extend further.

In my experience I don't recall getting hardly any call backs for jobs I had actually applied for.. I uploaded my CV and made it available to recruiters to search and I've had 3-6 calls a day.. surprisingly CWJobs was maybe 10% the rest came from Jobsite.co.uk. I'm not in a high demand area either, I'm an Infrastructure Engineer, mostly Microsoft/VMware/Cloud etc.

Those on the bench, if you're not already on Jobsite it appears to be the best place so far for me, worth giving it a shot.
    Nice one. Doing your own contract too; fair play.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Wasn't totally clear regarding contract.. the agency has based their contract around the PCG template.

Comment

Originally posted by rapid View Post
        Wasn't totally clear regarding contract.. the agency has based their contract around the PCG template.
        They have, or they say they have?

Comment

You get your bananas when the contract is signed!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X