• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Hodgson Go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Hodgson Go?

Pretty poor showing. Is he the best man at the helm?
    Me, me, me...

Said this before and I'll say it again.

England fans and media need to accept the fact that they've destroyed their league infrastructure and therefore their breeding ground for top quality players. They will only go one way in the next 5-10 years and that's down the rankings

When over 50% of your top league is foreign, you've halved your managers choice of players at international level. Plus the fact that England no longer exports top players abroad any more.

On the playing front, for this tournament, you could argue they were a bit unlucky, but in big tournaments big players take big chances in big games. England no longer have players in that class.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I haven't actually seen any games cos I don't have a TV so I can't comment on the play but I hear your comments.

Didn't at least three past or present premiere league players cause the damage?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        I haven't actually seen any games cos I don't have a TV so I can't comment on the play but I hear your comments.

Didn't at least three past or present premiere league players cause the damage?
        Yup.

Suarez got two glimpses of goal the other night and scored twice.

Amazingly, it's almost a repeat of what happened to Scottish football 30 - 35 years ago. Every successful team in England had three Scottish players in. Foreign players in Scottish leagues were pretty bloody rare. Now we have a league of 60% foreign players, can't compete with the money down south so our developing players end up in the lower reaches of English football on 10x the money but a poor standard of competition. Scottish football died in the late 80s and is never coming back.

The football authorities and Sky (and Bosman for that matter) will ultimately kill the English game too.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Pretty poor showing. Is he the best man at the helm?
          Yes and get rid of Greg "Hideously White" Dyke while we're at it.

Comment

get rid of him, he's got nothing to show for it!

Agree with TM, English football is dying with no recovery in sight, its all mediocre now!
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              get rid of him, he's got nothing to show for it!

Agree with TM, English football is dying with no recovery in sight, its all mediocre now!
              Such high expectations since '66. Will the reality affect how the game pans out in the near future? Who's gonna come up with a realistic plan to get it back on track or is it impossible given the current environment?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Roy is a good manager. Needed the stones to drop Rooney. This is all in the players.

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I liked the way England played.
                  I liked it a lot. I would rather see England play like that and lose, than play like they did under the previous regimes.

I am a strong believer in doing the right thing for the right reasons, accepting the luck element, but ploughing on if things go wrong.

Stick with it and fck political correctness GG
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Half time in the France game just now. How many adverts for crisps and beer and betting and other crap riffing on the 'look, we're supporting England, just like you guys' theme? Wasted advertising space. As TM points out, the game has sold out. All the hand wringing about what went wrong will only be cos the domestic season is closed, and the journalists feeding on the carcass have space to fill.

Apparently this is the tuliptest they've done since 1958 (when even Wales and Norn Iron made it to the Quarters ahead of England and Scotland), and yet the expectation was managed down so much that the only response I heard today was 'yeah well, I told you they'd be coming straight home'. Hats off to Roy for that much at least

Comment

Working...
                    X