• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emotional good bye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotional good bye

Ok so I have done several contracts now and am used to the process of good bye. Not a big deal, bring some krispy kremes, chocolates, send a couple of thank you emails and then bye. But these Yorkshire folk are different; They were all so nice to me, took me out on a nice meal in a top class restaurant, all added me in linked in and really showed appreciation for my efforts. I'm happy to just accept a thank you and leave but after a thoroughly enjoyable contract and receiving so much appreciation and warmth, I was genuinely emotional to be leaving.

God bless the Yorkshire folk. Maybe I'm losing my touch a bit?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    God bless the Yorkshire folk.
    Last invoice been paid?

oh and, AYSYCOTBAC?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Last invoice been paid?

oh and, AYSYCOTBAC?
      Not yet no but timesheet all signed and ready for final invoice.

What's that

Comment

What's that
        Are you sure ... etc

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Are you sure ... etc

Comment

Did they get you a cake?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Did they get you a cake?

Comment

My best leaving presents came from a 3 month contract in NHS Leeds.

But in my previous contract in West Yorkshire they barely looked up from their PCs when I left.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My best was from Eurotunnel (French side) after my first ever contract.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ok so I have done several contracts now and am used to the process of good bye. Not a big deal, bring some krispy kremes, chocolates, send a couple of thank you emails and then bye. But these Yorkshire folk are different; They were all so nice to me, took me out on a nice meal in a top class restaurant, all added me in linked in and really showed appreciation for my efforts. I'm happy to just accept a thank you and leave but after a thoroughly enjoyable contract and receiving so much appreciation and warmth, I was genuinely emotional to be leaving.

God bless the Yorkshire folk. Maybe I'm losing my touch a bit?
                    Similar to mine, this was my first ever contract (and first ever job too) they all wanted to take me out to a restaurant but they all know I'm fussy so the manager told them not to. They gave me a gift card on my way out and they were all coming up to me for handshakes and hugs. I was genuinely sad to be leaving such a big company with a good commutable distance from home, somewhere I guess I would have been happy to go perm at. Now all the roles I'm being offered require me to get a train to the heart of the city, they are all in places like canary wharf etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X