• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One week left on my contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One week left on my contract

And I haven't got that extension paperwork through yet.

But it's lovely out and I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks - I might hold off putting my CV out on the boards and enjoy a few weeks in the sunshine.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

It all depends on how easy it is to get the next contract. I envy those who have the most marketable skills, able to move from one contract to the next at leisure! I've been fortunate with mine but it's very much a niche, which means I can't choose the timing myself.

Enjoy your summer

Comment

You know it makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        It all depends on how easy it is to get the next contract. I envy those who have the most marketable skills, able to move from one contract to the next at leisure! I've been fortunate with mine but it's very much a niche, which means I can't choose the timing myself.

Enjoy your summer
        It's a matter of gut feel, but I had a couple of nibbles when I uploaded my CV and left it visible on one board for a few days.

I don't think there'll be a problem once I've opened it on all the boards.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I was in a similar boat. I was quite looking forward to a few weeks sat in the garden enjoying the weather but I landed a short gig that takes me right up to my holiday.

Now I sit in clientco office without A/C and the strong sun pouring through the window at me sweltering in my suit
          Last edited by CheeseSlice; 21 June 2014, 16:11.

Comment

Get yourself a 2 days per week remote working contract for the summer.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

There's never a rush.

"Take it easy", as my carribean friend would say. Before lighting a spliff.

(which I never do, I better add..)

Comment

Working...
              X