• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the biggest fears of the super-rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the biggest fears of the super-rich

Revealed: the biggest fears of the super-rich - Telegraph

But the world’s super-rich are not lacking sleep over fears of losing money – but of having too much.

I am sure we can help them out with that.

Pity none opf them worry about how they can make the world a better place. That's the problem with a lack of religion in society - its just me me me....

Lack of Religion, yep, nail on the head there...

It is impossible to calculate the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church. In truth, the church itself likely could not answer that question, even if it wished to.

Its investments and spending are kept secret. Its real estate and art have not been properly evaluated, since the church would never sell them.

There is no doubt, however, that between the church’s priceless art, land, gold and investments across the globe, it is one of the wealthiest institutions on Earth.
    Roman Catholic Church’s wealth impossible to calculate | National Post

And the CofE is not doing so badly, best part of £4 billion in the bank, huge landowner ...

To properly communicate Christ's message of poverty and humility you need a hugely weathly and authoritarian organisation. Stands to reason.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Revealed: the biggest fears of the super-rich - Telegraph

But the world’s super-rich are not lacking sleep over fears of losing money – but of having too much.

I am sure we can help them out with that.

Pity none opf them worry about how they can make the world a better place. That's the problem with a lack of religion in society - its just me me me....
      Bill Gates? Hasn't he pledged half his fortune or something?

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
        Bill Gates? Hasn't he pledged half his fortune or something?
        How many billionaires are there? And you can only find 1....

Comment

Bill Gates has ploughed a lot of money into feeding the worlds poor, but the religious fanatics are trying to stop him
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Gotta feel sorry for this guy....

Ex-Goldman Sachs trader, 35, sues because he 'only' got an $8.25million bonus instead of the $13million he told his mother he'd get
            Ex-Goldman Sachs trader Deed Amin Salem sues over $8.25m bonus | Mail Online

Comment

One in seven multimillionaires or billionaires is worried their wealth could be depriving their children of drive and ambition, says a study which affords a rare glimpse into the minds of the ultra-rich.
              Which does make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                Which does make sense.
                Not if you raise em right it don't

Comment

Indeed. It's an understandable worry though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                    Indeed. It's an understandable worry though.
                    yep i imagine it is very easy to become a lazy parent and end up with a spoilt little tulip!

Comment

Working...
                    X