• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get up to anything nice?

Yes thanks; BGG & I saw Penn & Teller live & they were very good
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Get up to anything nice?
      Yes thank you.

Went up to Alice Holt parkrun on Saturday to run up and down the hills. Then had TdF marshall training - quite fancy the flag waving role - standing on a bollard in the middle of the road waving a yellow flag. Probably suits me better than interacting with people. Got my uniform - hideous and about 17 sizes too big for me - apparently I'm to wear it with pride. I've attacked the T-shirt with the sewing machine, but not sure much can be done with the clown trousers.

Sunday, did a nice 40 mile bike ride with the guys from clientCo. Bangers and mash for tea.

What about you.

Comment

It had its highs and lows!

On Saturday we spent 11 hours sorting the garage and made a total of 4 dump runs and 1 charity shop run. I also have a stack of things to give away or dump if no one wants them.

On Sunday it was my father in law's birthday bbq which was great and then, after putting the kids to bed, I went over to get refitted and remeasured for my new armour. I wore the body protection as the armourer walloped it was a large hammer and barely felt a thing, which was nice. We also had a chat about armour developments and the future of the art which is a nice way to relax after a manic weekend.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I spent most of Saturday catching up on admin, and then yesterday I went over to help fix a friends bike. I then massively underestimated the heat and foolishly went for an 8 mile tab. I'm now sore and a little sunburnt.

Comment

Get up to anything nice?
            Knackered. I told your wife I was seeing her sister when i was banging her from behind and had to hang on for dear life. Think I've popped my shoulder.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I fell out of a plane attached to a lovely man with a parachute - it was most excellent
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Get up to anything nice?
                What should have been a few quick system checks turned into a day and a half working. Joyous.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Knackered. I told your wife I was seeing her sister when i was banging her from behind and had to hang on for dear life. Think I've popped my shoulder.

bit like this? with sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Pa657Az_0
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

great weekend thanks

little one's Birthday party BBQ & Beer with family & friends.

only down side was that the Garage door broke in the morning, our spare fridge & freezer is in there so we had fun getting the burgers out.

just enough food & booze so perfectly planned thanks Mrs V.

Little lady was totally knackered after it so I got a decent nights sleep.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X