• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interview canceled , was it because ex team lader giving bad reference?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interview canceled , was it because ex team lader giving bad reference?

hi

I left a contract sometime ago ( team leader and other team members turned jealous and unfairly decided to throw me out of bank by not renewing my contract .. in return I terminated my contract 28 days before their proposed end date , but I did not walk away... I made every party agree to this unexpected ill termination) , now I was due for an interview on Friday afternoon with another bank ( my ex team leader and some other dbas from previous place worked for this client in the recent past and seem to have good contacts in there )

my interview was for friday afternoon but on Friday morning I receive a call from agency telling me bank is not able to secure funding and they have cancelled my interview!
    I am thinking if client has contacted my ex team leader via linkedin or informal way to get some information and their thought about me ? which was probly a negative one and hence my interview was cancelled ?

will it be wrong if I email my ex team leader on linkedin to find out more? and what to write ?
    I dnt want her to think im stupid ... incase she is giving bad reference... I also dnt want to make future job hunting much more difficult for myself.

Go around to her office and drop-kick her in the swede.
    Drip-kick first, ask questions later.

Comment

You will never find out.

Try to dig and you will look stupid.

Move on.

It happens.

Comment

Why would she think you are stupid?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I strongly suspect the reason they cancelled the interview is because they couldn't secure funding for the project.

Forget the conspiracy, your ex-mates have a lot more to worry about than spend their lives trying to "destroy" you.

The banks are under pressure and are cutting costs.

The bank in Zürich I used to work at uses plenty of contractors in the Ukraine, but they now hardly recruit any UK based contractors.

Move on and keep plugging away, there are still contracts in the banks but it's more competitive and you have to try harder, and perhaps look beyond banks.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

she might think im stupid and not know why it was cancelled ...

what have I got to lose if I just msg her on linekd in to say how you doing and a smiley face?

if she has done something she will get the msg and understand that I know its her , specially since we haven't spoken for couple of month and she will be shocked to see me smiling and aksing her about how she is doing ...
            if she hasn't then, nothing will happen and she will be like wtf lol
            Last edited by calacik; 23 June 2014, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Why would she think you are stupid?
              Originally posted by calacik View Post
              she might think im stupid and not know why it was cancelled ...

what have I got to lose if I just msg her on linekd in to say how you doing and a smiley face?

if she has done something she will get the msg and understand that I know its her , specially since we haven't spoken for couple of month and she will be shocked to see me smiling and aksing her about how she is doing ...
              if she hasn't then, nothing will happen and she will be like wtf lol
              I wouldn't know but I do suspect that spelling, punctuation, grammar and (lack of) capital letters might have something to do with it...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I wouldn't know but I do suspect that spelling, punctuation, grammar and (lack of) capital letters might have something to do with it...
                Nice one!
                Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by calacik View Post
                  Nice one!
                  Any other thoughts?
                  Grow up, act professional and move on? There's nothing to be gained by pursuing this regardless of whether you're right or wrong.

Comment

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

Move on chap, move on.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X