• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Chico Jewish?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Chico Jewish?

For someone who professes to be a Christian, he seems unusually supportive of a group of people who deny the importance of Jesus Christ.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Odd isn't it. I think it's a case of 'your enemy is my enemy'. Pathetic really.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Happy to clarify......

Why Should My Church Study About
      Her Jewish Roots?

A Message for Pastors
      by Dr. Howard Morgan

There are many important reasons why Christians should learn about the Jewish Roots of the Christian faith. But before we discuss them, let me address one common concern that many pastors rightfully have about this subject. When we talk about "Jewish Roots," we are NOT teaching that Christians should come under the law of Moses, because "we are not under the law, but under grace" (Romans 6:14), or that Christians should appropriate modern Jewish worship traditions, such as wearing a prayer shawl (Tallit), or head covering (Kippah), or putting on phylacteries (Tiffillim).

We ARE teaching the restoration of the authentic Biblical "faith once delivered to the saints" (Jude 3). This faith is the "Faith of Abraham," (Romans 4:16) perfected and made available to the whole world by the birth, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus, the Jewish Messiah. Christian faith, as practiced in far too many places today, does not reflect Biblical Jewish heritage. In many, if not most places, "Christianity" reflects the influences of non-Biblical belief systems, various human "religious" traditions, and worldly cultures. All around the world, the Holy Spirit is moving upon believers to explore their historic Biblical Jewish Roots to determine how God would have the Body of Christ reclaim this inheritance.

This reclamation includes studying (a very Jewish and scriptural activity) the proper place of the Old Testament, including the Law, in our lives (1 Timothy 2:15). After all, the same Apostle who wrote that "Messiah is the end of the law for righteousness" (Romans 10:4), also wrote that the law is "... holy, spiritual and good." (Romans 7:12 &14) He also testified that his "inner man delighted in the law" (Romans 7:22) and that its study has the ability to train believers in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

What do I mean by "Jewish"?
      This "Abrahamic" faith was, and still is, essentially "Jewish." It is not Babylonian, Greco-Roman, European, African, Asian, or American. It was birthed by the God of Israel when he made a covenant with the Chaldean, Abram, and "converted" him to the Hebrew "Abraham." Via his son Jacob's subsequent conversion and name change, his descendants became known as "Israelites." God eventually established His covenant with the entire nation of Israelites, through the Torah giving ministry of Moses.

As historical events unfolded, the whole nation took on the name of the preeminent tribe from which their kings were drawn and their future Messiah would come - Judah. Israelites eventually became known as "Jews" (2 Kings 16:6). The divine revelations recorded in the Old Testament give us the foundations of our "Messianic" (i.e. Christian) faith. These Hebrew Scriptures, in conjunction with the New Testament, also written by Jewish hands that were inspired by this same God, contain God's commandments and divine instructions for righteous human relationships and spiritual guidelines for establishing and maintaining a personal relationship with God himself.

The divine influence of these "Jewish Scriptures" created a definitive culture and world view that was unique among all the nations and religions of the ancient world. This distinctly "Jewish" culture and world view, because it is based on, and is the fruit of, these recorded revelations of the God of Israel, is the only one acceptable for anyone who believes in the Jewish Messiah. Not only are we converted in our spiritual relationship with God, but we should also be converted from our old worldly cultures and world views. Those philosophies, traditions or cultural dynamics that previously influenced us, should now be rejected when they are contrary to the authority of these "Jewish" Scriptures.

The apostle Paul, in Romans 11:18, makes this concept clear to gentile believers in the messiah. When anyone repents of their sins and receives Jesus as savior and Lord, they are grafted into Israel’s olive Tree and are made a partaker of the rich root of that "Jewish" tree. They are made "partakers of the promise" and become "fellow citizens of the commonwealth of Israel" (Ephesians 2:19). Simply stated, gentile Christians, by faith in Jesus Christ, have been grafted into a "Jewish" religion that has its own distinct spiritual realties, commandments, culture and world view.

Full article here

also Jesus - Who is he?
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Nothing suprising - Christians ripped off stuff from Tora and repackaged it in new fresh envelope, in business world its called rebranding.

Comment

My perspective is that his support for Israel and his belief (which I hope I'm not misrepresenting) that he will receive material rewards on earth are both markers that he is associated with a modern american right-wing fundamentalist brand of christianity, rather than one of the older more mainstream traditions.

I did read some Economist articles once on why these people were so pro-Israel, but I wasn't interested enough to memorise the reasons.

Comment

There is a marked abscense (sp?) of any comments from Chico about IT - not about his job, his views on techologies, in fact not on house price bubble, IR35, columbian hostages - nothing apart from religion. Its likely that he is a bot, dumb at it too.

Comment

American? Close but no cigar.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

According to the old testament, I thought we were all jewish? Even the mozzies.

Comment

Mosquitos are Jewish? Dunno why but they always look sort of Japanese to me.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    Mosquitos are Jewish? Dunno why but they always look sort of Japanese to me.
                    No, you're thinking of Zeroes.

Comment

Working...
                    X