• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teachers eh?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teachers eh?

No wonder people complain about education....although I believe this might be America...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

lets hope he writes a decent resignation letter.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's been doing the rounds since 2006.

snopes.com: Adam Hilliker Detention Letter

This image has been clumsily edited to take out the original 1994 date, leaving the comma behind, and as Snopes points out, uses smart quotes in a letter from 1994 which seems highly unlikely.
      Last edited by TheFaQQer; 26 June 2014, 16:23.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

This image has been clumsily edited to take out the original 1994 date, leaving the comma behind, and as Snopes points out, uses smart quotes in a letter from 1994 which seems highly unlikely.
        Still undetermined though, but I got caught

This letter is supposedly from a teacher named Adam Hilliker.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How many fingers?, Winston!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

AMi Pro had smart quotes back in 1992, though they might have been called something else.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              AMi Pro had smart quotes back in 1992, though they might have been called something else.
              I'll take your word for it - I've tried hard to forget anything to do with Ami Pro.

If the letter was genuine, I would expect that in the past twenty years, someone has managed to track down either the teacher or the child, though.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X