• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schools that are "too white"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools that are "too white"

Yes, it's the Daily Mail and, yes, I'm sure somebody will point out that everything has to be put in context but there have been a few of these stories recently.

And there's another today: School with just 13 pupils - all white - is accused by Ofsted of racist bullying

Then there was the Devon village school that wasn't multicultural enough so they arranged to send the kids to spend time in an east end school where white British people account for less than 10% of the pupils. Fine, in a way, but do you seriously think the reverse would happen? A school being declared "too Asian" by ofsted and their pupils being sent to spend a week in a primary school in the middle of Dorset. Seems to be a one way street to me.

My point is this - I'm all for equality but I can't help that this insidious cult of equality and diversity is driven by spite - people who, for some reason I can't comprehend because they're largely white themselves, can't bear to see any walk of life overrepresented by people with white skin so they go out of their way to meddle and make mischief whilst pissing everybody off in the process.

Shut it honky.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      ... this insidious cult of equality and diversity is driven by spite ...
      It's driven by conceit and vanity, pure and simple.

By finding supposed victims to champion, and uncritically defend, these people are implicitly trying to tell themselves and others that they are superior.

After all, if defending an underdog you must be arguing from a position of relative strength. Or else it makes little sense to try.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

because it' okay to say something is too white or too English

but if you say it is too asian or too black it's racist.

and yes it is born of some pointless people's inherent need to appear superior by 'fighting' for the underdog.

if they really gave a tulip they would not live on their mock tudor housing estate in Surrey

Comment

Working...
        X