• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

On a Thursday about a month ago I was informed that due to budget restrictions they could not keep me on any longer.
    I start conjuring up plans for being idle for one or two or three months.

On Friday the day after a different part of the organisation calls and asks for my availability as they have a huge problem I need to fix. I express interest and ask them to progress whatever process they have to purchase my services.
    On the following Tuesday my existing "line manage" calls me at 22:00 and tells me he has received a request from a project internally for a full time resource. And he asks if I am interested in keeping working for him but being dedicated to this projects. I express interest in this.

The weeks pass with phone calls to clarify points and discuss issues and the first offer ends up tripping themselves in their purchasing process.
    So on July first I start on the new project while still "belonging" to my old manager on an interestgin 18 month project with a 35% increase in rate.

Boooooomed
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

35%!

Comment

Is there a for D&C
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          that picture is blocked at the site I operate from at the moment.

so I had to see it on my phone

worth it - thanks
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

35% that is impressive.

Have some.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Good work sir!

Comment

Epic win indeed!

Comment

Good work!

one day at a time

Comment

WTS

Beer
                    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X