• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK facing major sperm shortage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK facing major sperm shortage

BBC News - UK facing 'major' sperm shortage

For my first w@nk post of the day, I have a problem that many of us male contractors would be well placed to solve (since none of us have sex lives) - a shortage of sperm in Britain's sperm banks.

Apparently there is is the concept of poor quality and higher quality sperm - what's all that about? I'm certain mine would be of the highest standard

The question is would Mitch?

UKIP sperm donors - shudder
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      Sperm donor anonymity ends
      There are thought to have been fewer sperm donors after the right to anonymity was removed in 2005.

The fear of getting financially caned by CSA might have something to do with it too.

Because the law only applies to people who donate from Friday, the first time children born in this way will have the option to ask for the identity of their donor will be when they turn 18 in 2023.

They will have to ask the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority to release the information.

The donor will not be able to trace a child.
      When your local authority will use the Terrorism powers to fine you for using the wrong bins, who will actually trust the system?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

What sysman says.

Do they still pay in pot noodles?

Apparently sasguru got a letter last month, his sperm account is 3 pounds overdrawn.

Comment

use the Terrorism powers to fine you for using the wrong bins
          Maybe that's the solution to this sperm shortage. Have a separate recycling bin for spunky tissues.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sperm banks in Denmark and the US are the major suppliers.
            I wonder if there is a connection to this story from three years ago....

Redheaded donors are being turned away at sperm bank
            By Laura Bleakley
            BBC News

Redheads might have more fun but it seems there is an overabundance of them.

That is if one goes by the view of the world's largest sperm bank, Cryos International, in Denmark.

It has announced that it is turning away red-haired donors because there is a lack of demand for their "product".
            BBC News - Redheaded donors are being turned away at sperm bank

Comment

BBC News - UK facing 'major' sperm shortage

For my first w@nk post of the day, I have a problem that many of us male contractors would be well placed to solve (since none of us have sex lives) - a shortage of sperm in Britain's sperm banks.
              One careful owner? Eeeewwww.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

They should just stomach pump MF every Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  They should just stomach pump MF every Sunday morning.
                  Or you love. Pretty sure it's tax-deductible
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    One careful owner? Eeeewwww.
                    How many owners do you think sperm should have?

Comment

Working...
                    X