• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would Jesus have backed gay marriage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elton John: Jesus would have backed gay marriage - Telegraph

Yes
    46.15%
    No
    23.08%
    AndyW backs gay marriage
    30.77%

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Yep, he accepted every other persecuted group so he would have accepted homosexuals....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

2000 years ago? I doubt it. He was a product of his culture.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Yeh. He was bumming St Peter, well known fact that. As factual as any of that claptrap anyway.

PS Going past a field of young bulls today and one attempted to mount another. Didn't get a proper response, poor thing, the other just walked out of the way.

PS Sorry d00000gh too many vodkas!
        Last edited by xoggoth; 29 June 2014, 19:03.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yep, he accepted every other persecuted group so he would have accepted homosexuals....
          He accepted prostitutes and a lady who had been divorced 5 (IIRC) times. Acceptance and endorsement aren't the same thing; loving someone is not the same as condoning their actions.

So Jesus would 100% have loved and accepted gay people. As for his views on same-sex relations or any other matter he doesn't speak on, insinuating what he would or would not have done is grounds for very dodgy theology
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We will never know, but Christianity as a religion claim it is a sin and it mentions it many times in the New Testament. Most real Christians believe this also and think homosexuals can be "healed". Like all other religions it is utter nonsense based on the writings of iron age idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              As for his views on same-sex relations or any other matter he doesn't speak on, insinuating what he would or would not have done is grounds for very dodgy theology
              Isn't that what the pope does all the time? And how do we know what matters he spoke on or did not speak on? CoE and Catholic bibles are different. Suppose half the dead sea scrolls had not been burned?

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              We will never know, but Christianity as a religion claim it is a sin and it mentions it many times in the New Testament. Most real Christians believe this also and think homosexuals can be "healed". Like all other religions it is utter nonsense based on the writings of iron age idiots.
              Where does the new testament mention homosexuality as a sin? Perhaps you should define what is a real Christian and how it differs from a non-real Christian.

I have seen plenty of "Scientists" promote unproveable stuff. You are entitled to your personal opinion - but not to force it on others.

Comment

When the mob wanted to stone the woman for adultery Jesus said 'Let he who is without sin cast the first the stone'. I like to think his view on Homosexuality would be similar, in that he would not condemn them and would not want us to condemn them, but rather we should all love one another as we love ourselves. Jesus was all about universal love, it was the later church run by men that got all high and mighty.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  We will never know, but Christianity as a religion claim it is a sin
                  It's not as clearcut as you make out, if you look at the handful of verses that reference it.
                  and it mentions it many times in the New Testament.
                  Neither gay marriage nor gay love is mentioned in the bible, only gay sex.
                  Most real Christians believe this also
                  I would agree the current dominant view IS still that gay relationships are not right
                  and think homosexuals can be "healed".
                  Utterly untrue. Some do, not all or most. Some people claim they have been 'healed' but a certain cynicism is probably wise.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Isn't that what the pope does all the time?
                    I don't know, I don't follow the pope and I'm not a catholic.

Where does the new testament mention homosexuality as a sin?
                    Romans Romans 1:26-27:
                    “ For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

I have seen plenty of "Scientists" promote unproveable stuff. You are entitled to your personal opinion - but not to force it on others.
                    How do you "force an opinion on someone"? If I tell you my opinion have I forced it on you since you since you couldn't avoid hearing it?

Comment

Working...
                    X