• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holding doors open for Women etiquette?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding doors open for Women etiquette?

Do people still do this or is it now non pc because of equal rights ?
    I had an incident where I was walking through a door with the door opening away from me when a girl thought I was letting her through and proceeded to squeeze through a small gap. Not bothered I shuffled back but had to stretch my arm out (superman style) to keep the door open.
    I always thought the person the door opens to holds it open? or am I wrong?

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    proceeded to squeeze through a small gap.
    Did you try squeezing it through her small gap?

Comment

She clearly is a frotteurist.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hold the door open for other people regardless of gender.

Or if you don't like them, let go just in time so it shuts in their face.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What Faqqer said. It's got nothing to do with women, it's simply good manners.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Lots of men still do this. It's not expected, but is nice when it happens.

Comment

Always

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                Do people still do this or is it now non pc because of equal rights ?
                Any woman who has a go at you tell her you open the door for everyone as you were brought up properly.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't be one of those pillocks that stands there holding it while you are 30 feet away meaning you feel obliged to run though. If she's a woman she knows you are doing it just to make her tits wiggle and if it's a bloke he will assume your gay and are watching his cock swinging. Either way don't so it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Might sound silly, but a lot of doors are actually very heavy for very petite women to push/pull. So I don't think it even has to be some kind of chivalrous thing - I just might not make a special effort for a man in the same way as I don't generally offer to help a young man carry his shopping to his car where I might for an old lady.

Comment

Working...
                    X