• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I Punch First"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I Punch First"

This is brilliant: I Punch First : :: gia’s blog ::

One to cite next time some Daily Mail believer tries to tell you you're not allowed to defend yourself or your home

Punching a jaw bone hurts.
    One swift knee in the happy sacks and they'll drop like anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
      One swift knee in the happy sacks and they'll drop like anyone.
      unless of course they block, as some assailant whose nose I rearranged found out.

Interesting they didn't arrest the lady. I wonder how a large male in the same situation would fare?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think the whole article is a red herring.
        In all likelyhood the guy was a burgler, and a key thing for most burglers is to get in and out without being detected at the time, and to get out asap if they find someone in the house.
        I think that the guy would have made a run for it whatever she did or did not do.

Had he wanted to harm her person then her initial punches would not have saved her.

Comment

Boxing training doesn't prepare you for the shock and how to react when you see someone standing there. It's much more likely the burglar will react first as he is ready, you are not so it's down to instincts. There was an article years ago when the last bout of self defenders killed a burglar stating something about 99% of burglars flee, that's why they assume that if you assault them you are immediately under suspicion for chasing them and attacking them rather than defense but all that changed with the public outcry.

I've seen 'boxer' get completely owned in street fights, same with martial arts guys that prance around and get grappled and kicked to ****.

IMO hard kick to the knee bending it backwards is the most effective. Doesn't matter how good you can give/take a punch you can't do f all with a broken knee.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            I think the whole article is a red herring.
            In all likelyhood the guy was a burgler, and a key thing for most burglers is to get in and out without being detected at the time, and to get out asap if they find someone in the house.
            I think that the guy would have made a run for it whatever she did or did not do.

Had he wanted to harm her person then her initial punches would not have saved her.
            But that's the crux of the argument. If you find someone in your house at night would you assume that he's probably just a burglar and will run away, or do you err on the side of psychopath? Most people would probably be paralysed with fear, but if you weren't, you'd do the same as this woman. Even though in reality he almost certainly is just a burglar.

I thought UKIP would be in favour of householders being allowed to machine gun anyone for looking at their house funny? Sounds like the sort of thing you'd say.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My brother kicked the bejesus out of 2 guys who broke in, they came back later that week and he did it again - they tried to get him on GBH in his own kitchen.

They all spent the night in the cells before letting my brother go and they got a warning. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                My brother kicked the bejesus out of 2 guys who broke in, they came back later that week and he did it again - they tried to get him on GBH in his own kitchen.

They all spent the night in the cells before letting my brother go and they got a warning. Crazy.
                that's sort of what I expect from Plod.

sorry i have a very low opinion of them.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I caught a couple of burglars and told them next door had a much bigger cache than I did. In return for 20% of the proceeds I let them shin over the fence in my garden. kerrrching
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I thought UKIP would be in favour of householders being allowed to machine gun anyone for looking at their house funny?
                    Yes UKIP are in favour of home owners being able to defend their property physically if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                    X