• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More cyclists...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More cyclists...

...than i ever saw before. 'Undreds o't buggers, everyweer. It's like t'bloody tour de france round 'ere. It's been getting busier and busier all the summer weekends but there must be loads that have come for the week judging by tonights scenes.

Well, i'm gonna be out there on Sunday. Anyone else going to watch? According to the schedule, the leaders will be taking 30 minutes from Huddersfield centre to the summit of Holme Moss I suppose it's only when you see the timings translated into local landmarks that you get a sense of the speed these guys are going. I don't think you'd do much better in a car under normal circumstances.

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    ...than i ever saw before. 'Undreds o't buggers, everyweer. It's like t'bloody tour de france round 'ere. It's been getting busier and busier all the summer weekends but there must be loads that have come for the week judging by tonights scenes.

Well, i'm gonna be out there on Sunday. Anyone else going to watch? According to the schedule, the leaders will be taking 30 minutes from Huddersfield centre to the summit of Holme Moss I suppose it's only when you see the timings translated into local landmarks that you get a sense of the speed these guys are going. I don't think you'd do much better in a car under normal circumstances.
    Ooh la la, eeh by gum.

I'm a 'tourmaker' for stage 3 in central London on Monday. Quite fancying the 'flag waving' role if I can blag it, so look out for me on the telly in the Mall. I'll be wearing a green Asda stylee 'Happy to Help' tabard and baseball cap...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Ooh la la, eeh by gum.
      Hey! That's my chat up line for any concussed lady cyclists I may just happen to encounter in a ditch ten yards past my clothesline

Comment

Good plan. I have trained you well, young Jedi.

It's really hard to drug and tie them when they can cycle so fast
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

37 to 41 kph is quite do-able in a group of amateur racers or decent tourists for an hour or so. All day, nearly every day, for three weeks; that's different.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X