• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How sodding difficult is it to sync a Gmail calendar with IOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How sodding difficult is it to sync a Gmail calendar with IOS

My ex and I have set up a Gmail account to use as a calendar for the kids so we both know whats happening, also any school news letters are given this one address etc, email is working fine across all devices, calendar is sync'd to my MacBook but I can't get it working for love nor money on my iPhone, and its driving me nuts!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My ex and I have set up a Gmail account to use as a calendar for the kids so we both know whats happening, also any school news letters are given this one address etc, email is working fine across all devices, calendar is sync'd to my MacBook but I can't get it working for love nor money on my iPhone, and its driving me nuts!
    Use SSL ticked, Port 993 ?

Works ok on mine AFAIK .

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Use SSL ticked, Port 993 ?

Works ok on mine AFAIK .
      I can get the calendar to show up, but when I add something on to google it doesn't appear on IOS unless I delete and add the whole calendar again!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I can get the calendar to show up, but when I add something on to google it doesn't appear on IOS unless I delete and add the whole calendar again!
        Settings set to Push or scheduled Fetch okay?

Comment

Take a look at gSyncit...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Take a look at gSyncit...
            ^ this is you want to sync Outlook with Gmail calenders - works a treat, love it.

This one, or one like it worked for me. Add an account, not a gmail account, google.com as the server and use CalDav:
            How To Use CalDAV On iPhone To Sync Google Calendar Without Exchange | Redmond Pie

This with Outlook sync using gSyncit works perfectly. Now, if I had a life I could actually add something to it

Comment

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account, choose Exchange and enter your Gmail details.

Here's the link I used when I set my iPhone up with my Gmail calendar:
              How to Set Up Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts (Properly) on iOS

Then Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> select your Gmail account -> switch on/off the things you want to sync (in your case probably just the Calendar)

Comment

Might be easier to get back with the ex.

Comment

Mine just works. I stuck an event in gmail, then opened my calendar on my mac and it showed up. Then i looked on my iPhone and it spent a coupe of seconds dumping events into dates, which included my new one.

Comment

I just looked at mine - it's calDav.

Comment

Working...
                    X