• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italy: Hotels with good WiFi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy: Hotels with good WiFi

Hi

Just was wondering if anyone knows some clues how to find hotels with good WiFi so that I can access my clent's network if needed. Are there any websites with the freelancer's reviews?

I'm off to Italy and even through any hotel these days claim that they have internet, quite often you'd find that the signal is weak in the room or there are some stupid restrictions(closed ports etc). Obviously I could opt for a good business-class hotel, but it's kinda pricey, isn't? Unless you know any budgety business hotel chain ..

So far I'm just contacting hotels asking the above, but they normally would host tourists, so not sure if they'll come up with reliable answer.

Any tips/advise?

Any chance you could actually narrow it down from entire country wide?

or are you really not bothered where it is?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
      Hi

Just was wondering if anyone knows some clues how to find hotels with good WiFi so that I can access my clent's network if needed. Are there any websites with the freelancer's reviews?

I'm off to Italy and even through any hotel these days claim that they have internet, quite often you'd find that the signal is weak in the room or there are some stupid restrictions(closed ports etc). Obviously I could opt for a good business-class hotel, but it's kinda pricey, isn't? Unless you know any budgety business hotel chain ..

So far I'm just contacting hotels asking the above, but they normally would host tourists, so not sure if they'll come up with reliable answer.

Any tips/advise?
      Is 3G / 4G good enough or do you need wifi?

Italian law is a pain IIRC, in terms of having to register passport no. etc. before sessions.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Any chance you could actually narrow it down from entire country wide?

or are you really not bothered where it is?
        Maybe you could research some nice spots and post a summary?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
          Any tips/advise?
          Advice

Check out the reviews from business travellers on Trip Advisor. Also check that the wifi is free - I've been stung for that in the past when it said "all rooms have wifi".

Comment

Apparently the Hilton is good.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Maybe you could research some nice spots and post a summary?
              If you do it as a job - writing "The good business traveller guide" it would be tax deductible.

Maybe.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Buy an Italian SIM and use it in a MiFi Device.

20 Euros gets you a SIM including 600 minutes and 2GB Data.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Buy an Italian SIM and use it in a MiFi Device.

20 Euros gets you a SIM including 600 minutes and 2GB Data.
                  O2 are offering £1.99 per day for data roaming IIRC.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

But is 3G through your phone going to be usable for remote access? It's hugely variable over the UK so presumably the same elsewhere.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X